Yeah I know I said I was done for the year..but I snuck in 90 more minutes.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say? I was 99% sure Thanksgiving night was my last hunt of the year..but it hit 50 degrees here today :D...and I had 90 minutes to play at my beat to death park. When I say beat to death...I mean beat to death...but this was the perfect hunt for me. I dug only 6 targets in the 90 minutes...but all 6 were keepers. I managed 4 wheaties....a 1903 injun..and a sweet but worn 1919D Merc. I just about filled my britches when I plucked out the Merc and saw the D mint mark because I would have sworn I saw 1916 for the date. I wasn't sure until I got home because I didn't have on my glasses...but was really let down when I put it under the loop and saw the last number was a 9. No matter how hard I tried to twist...turn...angle toward the light...etc...it remained a 1919 ;D. Oh well...thats the first 1919D I have ever found and a semi key date...so I'll take it.
Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for viewing my 90 minutes of pleasure.

Attachments

• december.jpg
    december.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 729
Upvote 0

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean. Good finds.

Ken

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff! Glad it warmed up for ya! Dig em when you can.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Cool that you got out again and that heartstopper, what it's all about!!
Congrats on your finds and thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
WTG Bryce,The weather was nice today.I think we will have more days to hunt in January so great job and good luck on your next hunt.and Have a great holiday I hope Santa is good to you. ;D

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like we were both bitten by the same bug :) I was out today also..mid 50's in December usually doesn't last too long.

Nice job, I've yet to find an IH.

Nat

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Bryce, I'm glad you decided to post. I'd say that was a very good 90 minute hunt. Every dig was a keeper, huh? Fantastic!!

Silver, Injun, wheats...gotta be happy about that. Let's see, about 10 days left in the year....I think you'll be out again. ;)

Happy Holiday, buddy!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Yep, you did get out again! :D wheats, indians, mercs....The meat and bones of Thing and the smile makers.........you got em all. Nice hunt.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds for sure Silverfreak... love em all... by the way, have you seen that harley santa commercial..all in black with the naughty list and harleys pulling his sleigh? I loveeeee that commercial.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Nice going...glad to see you got one more in... I was thinking the same as you...maybe i would get out today...my last hunt being Dec 4th... But even with the warm up we still had more then half the ground covered in ice...but melting... Never made it out...but been buying selling a little equipment making a few changes for next year. Also reading Jeff Foster's digging digger with the dfx.... A lot of people said the book is complicated up to now I have not read anything I did not know already... Hopefully as I get deeper in the book I will learn something.

Looks like you hit the right spot in that area! Very nice finds...As we do on another forum...I am sure we will be talking next year...have a good one...and lets get ready for 2008! :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
maybe you ought to sneak in another 90 minutes tomorrow! :D nice stuff!

L

LandStar

I need to get out of this Clay and LimeStome and get to where I can turn Up the sensitivity and get deep...I am never gonna find anything if I am only digging 4-6 inches... >:(

Nice finds there for a 90 minute hunt.

HH,

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SF,
Very nice coins. Congrats on the old Merc & IH. Your eyes are way better than mine. You can see a date, and I can hardly tell what coin I dug. ;)
Happy holidays,
MM

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Great 90 minutes!
Glad you could get out. I tried for about a half hour today, in some dirtpiles that the snow melted off of, but had no luck.
Supposed to be near 50 tomorrow, so I might still get out a few times before the years over.
Congrats!
And have a great Holiday!

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Bryce. Nice Merc. It has to be getting cold up your way. Me and G went out today also. I made a post of my find.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
merry christmas silverfreak ;) and even if it wasnt a 1916 date its still a terrific find ! glad you got out again and congrats on the great finds ;)

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt! Nuff said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread