Yeah I know I said I was done for the year..but I snuck in 90 more minutes.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say? I was 99% sure Thanksgiving night was my last hunt of the year..but it hit 50 degrees here today :D...and I had 90 minutes to play at my beat to death park. When I say beat to death...I mean beat to death...but this was the perfect hunt for me. I dug only 6 targets in the 90 minutes...but all 6 were keepers. I managed 4 wheaties....a 1903 injun..and a sweet but worn 1919D Merc. I just about filled my britches when I plucked out the Merc and saw the D mint mark because I would have sworn I saw 1916 for the date. I wasn't sure until I got home because I didn't have on my glasses...but was really let down when I put it under the loop and saw the last number was a 9. No matter how hard I tried to twist...turn...angle toward the light...etc...it remained a 1919 ;D. Oh well...thats the first 1919D I have ever found and a semi key date...so I'll take it.
Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for viewing my 90 minutes of pleasure.

Attachments

• december.jpg
    december.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 729
Upvote 0
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t-bucket said:
WTG Bryce,The weather was nice today.I think we will have more days to hunt in January so great job and good luck on your next hunt.and Have a great holiday I hope Santa is good to you. ;D
Thanks G. You have a nice holiday...and a safe one.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natman said:
Looks like we were both bitten by the same bug :) I was out today also..mid 50's in December usually doesn't last too long.

Nice job, I've yet to find an IH.

Nat
Thanks Nat. Yep..the 50 degree bug got us both.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Bryce, I'm glad you decided to post. I'd say that was a very good 90 minute hunt. Every dig was a keeper, huh? Fantastic!!

Silver, Injun, wheats...gotta be happy about that. Let's see, about 10 days left in the year....I think you'll be out again. ;)

Happy Holiday, buddy!!

CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan. That spot is so pounded...I'm happy to get a high hit at all. To get 6 in a day is a feat in itself so I think the wet soggy ground helped the signals.
Have a nice Christmas.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rebelLT said:
Yep, you did get out again! :D wheats, indians, mercs....The meat and bones of Thing and the smile makers.........you got em all. Nice hunt.
Thanks RebelLT. I hope we get another nice day...but looks like rain has moved in and cold is coming back as well.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bootybay said:
Nice finds for sure Silverfreak... love em all... by the way, have you seen that harley santa commercial..all in black with the naughty list and harleys pulling his sleigh? I loveeeee that commercial.
Thanks bootybay. I haven't seen that commercial yet.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-Gregg said:
Nice going...glad to see you got one more in... I was thinking the same as you...maybe i would get out today...my last hunt being Dec 4th... But even with the warm up we still had more then half the ground covered in ice...but melting... Never made it out...but been buying selling a little equipment making a few changes for next year. Also reading Jeff Foster's digging digger with the dfx.... A lot of people said the book is complicated up to now I have not read anything I did not know already... Hopefully as I get deeper in the book I will learn something.

Looks like you hit the right spot in that area! Very nice finds...As we do on another forum...I am sure we will be talking next year...have a good one...and lets get ready for 2008! :)
Thanks Gregg. It was really soggy and soaked today...but I think it made the signals better. Good luck on whichever detector you decide on...and good luck if you decide to just keep the dfx. You definately have that machine mastered.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Yeah I know what you mean. BB and I are heading out one last time this Year on Thursday unless it is pouring down rain. We may just go and take turns holding the big golf umbrella for one another so we can get that last hunt in.

Nice finds! I would love to find another Merc!!!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
SF,
Very nice coins. Congrats on the old Merc & IH. Your eyes are way better than mine. You can see a date, and I can hardly tell what coin I dug. ;)
Happy holidays,
MM
Thanks MM. Trust me...my eyes aint so good.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Buzzard King said:
Great 90 minutes!
Glad you could get out. I tried for about a half hour today, in some dirtpiles that the snow melted off of, but had no luck.
Supposed to be near 50 tomorrow, so I might still get out a few times before the years over.
Congrats!
And have a great Holiday!
Thanks BK. Good luck on hunting Sunday and have a nice holiday.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ty, Kas, and Birdman, Boobydoo, and Green1.
Thanks for responding and have a great holiday season.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holowpointred, landstar, and Dman.
Thanks for responding and good luck on your nerxt hunt. Hopefully we can all sneak 1 more in before the ground freezes.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weasel606, detectahead, Nana40, and Mastereagle 22
Thank you all for responding. I went to a movie this evening and lost track of all who have responded. I hope I haven't left anybody out. I appreciate your responses and it makes this forum that much more fun.
Happy holidays and be safe.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverfreak,
What a worthwhile 90 minutes.
I thought I was done for the year also. Our weather was about the same and I got out as well.
You did good at the beat to death park.
Just shows, you never know what you will find.
Congratulations on getting out one more time.

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Silverfreak ...
A good haul for a 90 minute reprieve from the inevitable 5 month ice age wintery blast !
I am envious ! Will need a good 7 days of 50 degrees or more to melt our snow :(
Untill then I must rely on T*netters in warmer climates with find photos to get by.

Upstate Ny winters- the downside to living in some of Americas oldest stomping grounds

May I ask...when you swing that coil over a target that gets your blood pumping do you take a moment to imagine it may be "THE" find to make you do the moon walk ? I like to take a minute and ponder whats under the coil before digging.

One more question.... Do you cherish those 2 or 3 seconds you have a find in your hand that still appears to be a SUPER find but theres that slight difference that changes a homerun to a base hit ? ( :IE 19D not 16D ) or do you curse a *&#^#@$ word ?

I just gotta ask,cause in DrDetectors BK silver $ post yesterday he had the same fleeting moment and I know we've all had that happen ! and when it happens to me I will say ^%**$%$$%$ and then "><+=$#$@*&^ ;D But on the other hand I've dug those "IS IT ?? ....IT ISSSSS !!!!!!!! " finds as well 8)

A question for everyone actually !
NICE coin finds !!
Hey SF a Joyfull Holiday for ya ! ;)

D.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Durham and kindafoundabuckle.
Now I'm good for the winter....at least for mow anyway ::)

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Derek752 said:
Hey Silverfreak ...
A good haul for a 90 minute reprieve from the inevitable 5 month ice age wintery blast !
I am envious ! Will need a good 7 days of 50 degrees or more to melt our snow :(
Untill then I must rely on T*netters in warmer climates with find photos to get by.

Upstate Ny winters- the downside to living in some of Americas oldest stomping grounds

May I ask...when you swing that coil over a target that gets your blood pumping do you take a moment to imagine it may be "THE" find to make you do the moon walk ? I like to take a minute and ponder whats under the coil before digging.

One more question.... Do you cherish those 2 or 3 seconds you have a find in your hand that still appears to be a SUPER find but theres that slight difference that changes a homerun to a base hit ? ( :IE 19D not 16D ) or do you curse a *&#^#@$ word ?

I just gotta ask,cause in DrDetectors BK silver $ post yesterday he had the same fleeting moment and I know we've all had that happen ! and when it happens to me I will say ^%**$%$$%$ and then "><+=$#$@*&^ ;D But on the other hand I've dug those "IS IT ?? ....IT ISSSSS !!!!!!!! " finds as well 8)

A question for everyone actually !
NICE coin finds !!
Hey SF a Joyfull Holiday for ya ! ;)

D.

Derek. I really thought I had a shot with the 1916D...all the way home. It wasn't until that time when I realized after rinsing it off and viewing it under the loop...that it was a 1919D. To be honest though..I couldn't care less about the dates on silver coins. I still get shivers down my spine when I see the glimmer of silver in the bottom of the hole and get excited. Any time I get a high coin hit at the pounded sites I hunt...I get excited because I know tyhat myself and 100's of others have walked over this same hit many times before...yet it's still there waiying for me to pluck it from the ground. :D Merry Christmas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread