Year totals for silver and gold!..New pictures added 12/8

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
First I'd like to thank all of you who have made this the most enjoyable forum on the Internet. One I have felt comfortable posting on in my first year of detecting. The members here are for the most part intelligent, caring, interesting, honest and most of all enthusiastic about the recovery of lost coins and other items of historical significance. I have learned a lot from some of you, and have received encouragement from most of you. I have had help identifying strange items dug, have shared in the excitement of seeing that silver edge, and have met in person and hunted with some outstanding people. Friendships have been established and plans for more hunting in 2007 have been made!.....I am NOT saying this is the definitive END of my detcting for the year...only Mother Nature can say whether I'll be out more this year, or how much I will be willing to dig through frozen earth this Winter.
I thought it would be cool to post a few pictures of all the silver and gold myself and my son Spencer have recovered since we started digging in February 2006. If it weren't for Spencer buying me that BH Fast Tracker for Christmas last year, I never would be doing this.
To date I have found 137 silver coins, 37 Buffalo Nickles, 3 V nickles, 3 Barber dimes, 4 silver half dollars, an 1879 Morgan dollar, 3 IH pennies, a 1792 Irish Half Penny token, half an 1850 Bank of Upper Canada Penny token, more than a dozen silver religious pendants, over 300 wheat pennies, TONS of bullets of all ages, including over a dozen musketballs, lots of other military stuff dating back to the Civil War era, 5 solid gold rings, 35 silver rings, many earrings...Jeeeze...no matter how hard I try here, I KNOW I will forget some real cool stuff...like the hand-worked bronze pendant that some think may be up to 3500 yrs old.
So,...here's a few pictures of just the silver and gold and just a few cool artifacts that I hold dear!
Thanks to everyone who helped keep me excited about this VERY addictive hobby.

Attachments

• 12-1yeartotals 002.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 002.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,272
  • 12-1yeartotals 003.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 003.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,274
  • 12-1yeartotals 005.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 005.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,274
  • 12-1yeartotals 006.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 006.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,264
  • 12-1yeartotals 007.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 007.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 12-1yeartotals 008.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 008.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,241
Upvote 0

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Re: Year totals for silver and gold!..10 months of work

Dan,

Looks like you've had a busy year!
Some GREAT finds there:)
Congrats!
And congrats to Spencer for choosing the perfect gift!
who knows.........may be a pinpointer, scoop or lesche under the tree with your name on it this year!
HH

N

nate1976

nice collection. 8)

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star

Dan & Spence

Awesome collection..And Congrats.

I truly think your an Inspiration to many folks here. Many look foreward to your pictures and posts of your hunts.

Thanks for sharing.

ZoSo71

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL

Outstanding collection! Way to go!

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL

Danimal-
That is just awesome.What a year you have had.I would just like to say that I really enjoy your posts.What stories you have given us,just since I've been around this site!And a lot of awesome finds.Congrats on the year you and Spencer have had-so far.I wish you continued success.Take care~DM

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Naw...you got your caption all wrong Dan! :-X
That wasn't 10 months of work! That was 10 months of play time! ;D

WoW! An awesome collection you have going! Congrats on ALL those finds and will be looking for more GREAT finds from you and Spencer!

Just beautiful!!!

Nana :)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dan and Spence Great job, thanks for all your post through out the year. I've started taking more pictures of my finds in the field because of some of your posts. Those pictures really do tell the story better. Thanks Again and congratulations on a GREAT SEASON!

Hope we all get in a little more hunting this winter. Gary already called me and wanted to go hunting maybe tomorrow or Sunday. He said he was getting stir crazy already, heck it's only been a day!

I Really like the Silver dollar, I've only found 3 in all the years I've been hunting and one of them came out of a cash drawer at a gas station:)

HH, and hope you two get out somemore this winter! Ringfinder

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Year totals for silver and gold!..10 months of playtime! (wink to Nana)

;)

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dan and Spencer

I have enjoyed all your post and stories. This has been an awesome year for you guys , one that could be hard to beat. I love this hobby and it's very addicting. What makes it more addicting is all the great people on this site. I look forward to 2007 and to hear more of your stories and to see all those fantastic finds. As for me I love to hunt for silver and You my friends have done well this year..at that.

Congrats on a GREAT YEAR............................D P SilverBob

captinharry

Sep 30, 2006
Houston, Texas
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick

I KNOW I will forget some real cool stuff...like the hand-worked bronze pendant that some think may be up to 3500 yrs old.

WHAT !, I'm new here only a few weeks, so maybe I missed something but that needs some elaboration & a separate picture. You have had a good 10 months, wish you the same for 2007.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow! Just think how good you could have done if you hadn't been using that old worthless BH detector. ;) I go to bat for BH every chance I get as I got started with one and still use it quite a bit. That's more silver than I have seen in a lifetime! Excellent! Monty

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WELL DONE! Now that's what I call a pile of treasure Danimal! Excellent layout and photo - many congrats on the fantastic year!

Looking forward to your posts next year - NS

T

TreasureTales

Danimal you have found more in 10 months than many people find in a lifetime. Spencer and you have a great collection already and I truly look forward to seeing more posts from you. WTG. HURRY UP SPRINGTIME!!!!

Wezzie

Nov 7, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
BH3300

WOW! Congrats Danimal & Spencer! You guys did great in 2006...sure beats my totals.
Hope you still get some time to detect. Keep up the great hunts and hope to see double that in 2007 ;D

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

What a great year for you! Looking back at my log, I hunted only one day last December, but 13 in January (in Pennsylvania) so don't assume the season is over! You may add to this impressive total yet. Best wishes.

outdoorgirl

Nov 21, 2006
Eastern NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a teasure chest and all full of goodies!! ;D

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o that is going on the top very soon

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread