Year totals for silver and gold!..New pictures added 12/8

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
First I'd like to thank all of you who have made this the most enjoyable forum on the Internet. One I have felt comfortable posting on in my first year of detecting. The members here are for the most part intelligent, caring, interesting, honest and most of all enthusiastic about the recovery of lost coins and other items of historical significance. I have learned a lot from some of you, and have received encouragement from most of you. I have had help identifying strange items dug, have shared in the excitement of seeing that silver edge, and have met in person and hunted with some outstanding people. Friendships have been established and plans for more hunting in 2007 have been made!.....I am NOT saying this is the definitive END of my detcting for the year...only Mother Nature can say whether I'll be out more this year, or how much I will be willing to dig through frozen earth this Winter.
I thought it would be cool to post a few pictures of all the silver and gold myself and my son Spencer have recovered since we started digging in February 2006. If it weren't for Spencer buying me that BH Fast Tracker for Christmas last year, I never would be doing this.
To date I have found 137 silver coins, 37 Buffalo Nickles, 3 V nickles, 3 Barber dimes, 4 silver half dollars, an 1879 Morgan dollar, 3 IH pennies, a 1792 Irish Half Penny token, half an 1850 Bank of Upper Canada Penny token, more than a dozen silver religious pendants, over 300 wheat pennies, TONS of bullets of all ages, including over a dozen musketballs, lots of other military stuff dating back to the Civil War era, 5 solid gold rings, 35 silver rings, many earrings...Jeeeze...no matter how hard I try here, I KNOW I will forget some real cool stuff...like the hand-worked bronze pendant that some think may be up to 3500 yrs old.
So,...here's a few pictures of just the silver and gold and just a few cool artifacts that I hold dear!
Thanks to everyone who helped keep me excited about this VERY addictive hobby.

Attachments

• 12-1yeartotals 002.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 002.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,272
  • 12-1yeartotals 003.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 003.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,274
  • 12-1yeartotals 005.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 005.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,274
  • 12-1yeartotals 006.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 006.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,264
  • 12-1yeartotals 007.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 007.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 12-1yeartotals 008.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 008.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,241
Upvote 0

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Re: Year totals for silver and gold!..10 months of playtime! (wink to Nana)

Danimal WOW now that is a treasure trove. Great 10 months of digging. I am at 8 silver coins a few rings..jewelry finds. 2 buffalo, 2 V nickel. LoL don't think I will be overtaking that awesome 10 month haul you have. I am going into the 5th month but winter will get me.

Also Danimal don't forget that you are one of those peps that make this a great site. Great start indeed. Great research and some great key spots must have been involved for such a great haul.

Congratulations I saw you pull up a great many beautes over the last 5 months. I knew you were piling up a mass of great finds. I just didn't realize you mass was that large. Great indeed!!!

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

captinharry said:
I KNOW I will forget some real cool stuff...like the hand-worked bronze pendant that some think may be up to 3500 yrs old.

WHAT !, I'm new here only a few weeks, so maybe I missed something but that needs some elaboration & a separate picture. You have had a good 10 months, wish you the same for 2007.

Thanks Capt'n!!....and here's a link to the thread about that pendant...enjoy!
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,49936.0.html

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dan & Spencer,

W :o W what a haul...this is truly impressive. ;D

I've been following your posts/pics since day one, and it's been a incredible journey.

BTW, that 1st pic with the dirty gloves should be enlarged & framed and put on display. Love it, it's my favorite.

;) RR

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other

:o Love that haul ! That pendant must have a few people scratching their heads ???
look forward to next years haul from you guys :o :o

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

:D

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice coins :)

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

couple more pics...not sure if these are good one from the group. ???

Attachments

• 12-1yeartotals 004.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 004.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 811
  • 12-1yeartotals 001.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 001.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 819
OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

Last night I was sitting there watching the Cavs and I looked over at the huge bag full of coin flips that I had torn open to be able to get the "coin spill" photos posted here.
First thought was...written on thos flips is the only historical details of when and where each coin was dug. That's why I saved them. Removing the staples and re-mounting the coins was my intention originally (and still is)
But looking at that looked like a LOT of work.
Before I do it I was thinking about a few more pics. Maybe this time grouped by type (for example, in the "spill" photos, you can barely see more than a few Mercs, as they are all buried underneath other coins)
Is anyone here interested in seeing a few more pics of my totals grouped by type (close-ups of course)??

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star

For what it's worth.. I love the pictures..The more the better.

Zoso71

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland

Wow! You had a great year of detecting! Thanks for those pics. I think I'll do a similar post myself, even though I didn't find any one great item, I found a lot of old coins and a few trinkets.

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

I found so many other cool relics and non-coin items, I think I'll take a series of shots of them arranged nicely close-up by category.
Ex: old toys, bullets musketballs and old shotgun shells, jewelry, miltary items (maybe include them with amunition), tokens, pocketknives and watches, clad totals pile....this could be fun! Digital photography is kicka$$ :D

BTW, Garrett contacted me and is asking if they can interview me for a story and high-res photos to be included in next year's advertising!! How cool is THAT?

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006

Congrats on a great year,the deal with garret would be great.I got my detector the middle of june so your totals are way ahead of mine.Im about on track with you on silver count but you have me blown away on buffs and rings.I discriminate out pull tabs so im not surprised i dont have much gold but man 35 silver rings is awesome,i have 7 i think and im in a lot of parks.I dont know how bad the lake effect gets you up there but just saw the forcast here is for 51 early next week so our snow will be gone and ill be swingin....hh jon

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the finds, you had an awesome year and I love the pics, well done!

Paul
Aussie Okie

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

It's safe to say you definitely kicked some butt. What a great pile of treasures!
I always look forward to reading your posts, but this one takes the cake man.
AWESOME JOB!

~Nash~

trubl1096

Oct 17, 2006
Landlocked
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x/ Aquapulse/ WHITE'S II

HOLY $!@& What a pile!!! What a BLAST!!!

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

Nashoba said:
It's safe to say you definitely kicked some butt. What a great pile of treasures!
I always look forward to reading your posts, but this one takes the cake man.
AWESOME JOB!

~Nash~
Thanks Nash!...there's some great spots I've been looking at in the inner-city in kinda not-so-good neighborhoods. It'd be great hunting with you there!

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
So I am adding a few more pics of my totals, organized by type. I was asked by Garrett for some more pics of the totals, and they may use them in advertising!
First the big silver:
yrtotals2006 003.jpg
Now onto silver quarters
yrtotals2006 004.jpg
Now the silver Rosies
yrtotals2006 005.jpg
A spiral of silver Mercs
yrtotals2006 006.jpg
War Nickles thrown in for good measure
yrtotals2006 007.jpg
And now onto the Buffalo Nickles and V's
yrtotals2006 008.jpg
Older coins
yrtotals2006 009.jpg
Rings and Jewelry
yrtotals2006 011.jpg
Closeup of nicer rings
yrtotals2006 012.jpg

Ya know, now that I have posted them, I really don't like the yellowish tint on these pics, but I am too tired to redo them right now...maybe tomorrow.
Right now I have to get prepared for tomorrow's Iceberg hunt.
Gnight all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions