Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gang,

Somehow I talked the ladies at the city pool into letting Jeff and I detect in there before they opened. They were cutting grass in there yeterday and no one was allowed in the pool area when grass is being cut.....I know we are not swimmers. But, rules are rules. Today was gray and cloudy about 72F so we figured they would not open. But we stopped by at 10:30 and they said go ahead till the pool opens...11:00am.

We burnt rubber making our little digging engines work. 30 minutes yielded the following:
SKD: 22-Qs, 6-Dimes, 1-nickel, a few cents from another area.
Jeff: 18-Qs, 4-Dimes

Our arms were tired and especially our shoulders. We never dug so fast in our lives.
Then I got a +81 VDI hit and dug it as it was close to pool opening time. To my surprie it was not a quarter but a nice size-7 silver ring with blue stone.

Jeff says this was our best day ever for fast coins...lol

I just noticed, my total coin count was $6.66--oh scary Maybe it is a sign...lol

SKD

Attachments

• 100_1094 [].JPG
    100_1094 [].JPG
    44 KB · Views: 692
  • 100_1095 [].JPG
    100_1095 [].JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 701
  • 100_1096 [].JPG
    100_1096 [].JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 692
  • 100_1097 [].JPG
    100_1097 [].JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 681
Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey soreknees,

Cool ring! I think that stone might be a sapphire. I found a ring veeeeery similar last week. The stone looks the same. Check out my post & you'll see it. Great hunt!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your hunt. Yes, that $6.66 may be scary; but then again you have 925, the power of good to combat it!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would have stayed for at least one more penny......Congrat's on the Ring :thumbsup:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: cool little ring nice

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG Terry........nice ring. Gas rebate for sure with all those quarters.......NGE

Dan32981

Nov 11, 2005
Oak Harbor, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring, any silver or gold find always brightens the hunt! $6.66 nice clad total for the day, it all adds up, usually at the end of the year i change in all my clad and by more metal detecting accesories, new headphones, or pinpointer. Happy Dirt Fishing.

-Dan

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey SKD.....I can so relate to your speed hunt! About a week ago, I went to a new place out of town and found a school that would normally be locked, but there were a few cars in the lot and the gate was open, so in I went! Hit the playground like a Tasmanian Devil. I was in and out in 10 minutes with about 4.00 in clad! Whew!! I was a bad girl! ::)

Big congrats on your pretty ring. I believe the stone is Blue Lapis Lazuli. Beautiful!

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonshadow said:
Hey SKD.....I can so relate to your speed hunt! About a week ago, I went to a new place out of town and found a school that would normally be locked, but there were a few cars in the lot and the gate was open, so in I went! Hit the playground like a Tasmanian Devil. I was in and out in 10 minutes with about 4.00 in clad! Whew!! I was a bad girl! ::)

Big congrats on your pretty ring. I believe the stone is Blue Lapis Lazuli. Beautiful!

HH,
Moon
Thanks for the info on the stone. It is just blue without much luster, but may be Lapis.

SKD

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D I bet you were in and out of there so fast, you didn't have time for your knees to even think about getting sore! :tongue3: :D

Love the ring!!

Nana :wink:

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 said:
:D I bet you were in and out of there so fast, you didn't have time for your knees to even think about getting sore! :tongue3: :D

Love the ring!!

Nana :wink:

lol nana. I use kneepads so minimal impact anyway!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread