Yesterday & Today

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yesterday & Today

Yesterday my daughter and I took a beginner kayak class. I decided if I was going to go out kayaking I better learn to do it the right way. Actually I think I was doing pretty good before I took the class but I definitely learned a few things by taking the class. The instructor (Ryan) and the guide (Tony) that was there helping him did an excellent job and the group I was with was very congenial. It was a great group. I'd like to have a kayak like the one I used in class. I'd have to find a lot of gold rings to pay for it though! LOL

07_5Aa.jpg

Today I went out to one of my favorite small beaches and as usual someone had beat me to it. I stepped in several of the holes that were left and I found very little. I found one dime and a belly ring. Ah well..... there's always tomorrow and who knows maybe some day I'll get my belly pierced and wear the ring myself. NOT! ::)

BellyRing082910.jpg

OH, before I forget........ I saw a strange sight this morning. You remember that M*A*S*H movie or tv show? Well as I got to the beach this morning there was a jeep parked there with a boat trailer attached but not just any jeep. This one looked just like the military M*A*S*H ambulances! Yep, complete with the big red cross on the sides. Then when I was in the water and had been hunting for about an hour this small boat came by me. OK it had to be the boat with the M*A*S*H ambulance because it was just like I was watching one of those war movies. It was painted army green - even the motor. It had a sun canopy on it but the whole thing looked like it should be on the Mekong river instead of the one I was in! The guy driving the boat ..... well, he was wearing (what else?) an army green t-shirt and had camouflage pants and hat. He looked like he was patroling the river. Boy, was it a strange sight!

As usual I hope your morning is as good as mine or better. :wink:

Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Re: Yesterday & Today

Love your posts Mumszie! You always seem to have interesting hunts, even when you don't find any gold.

Jim

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

I love kayaking too and hope to buy one next year when I'm officially moved to Florida. glad you enjoyed it.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

time4me said:
Love your posts Mumszie! You always seem to have interesting hunts, even when you don't find any gold.

Jim

All you have to do is keep your eyes open and look around.... :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread