Yesterdays atp supersniper digs.

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I received my ss coil yesterday, immediately put it on and went out hunting mid day in the (seemingly)300 degree heat....was only out an hour maybe two....destroyed my 2 bottles of water in the first 45 min, and kept digging "one last hole" on the way back home (literally across the street)...

found a couple/three bucks in change (if u count the ones dominated by the lawnmower)....a cross from a necklace...old dog tag.....PLENTY more tabs than the one in the pic....that one somehow slipped into the "good" pocket...grr. ...a stainless steel(i think) ball w a spot where it was apart OF or fastened TO something (by quarter for size) a button...a frame of a little bike a fishing weight and a couple .22shells (not pictured, they slipped into the "junk" pocket, gota go through all it still.....pennies are getting dirt off of em in the 2liter bottle right now
Only one wheat 1944 copper....too bad its not one year older...that brings my wheaty count from this house to 22..still stuck on one silver coin from here ...ik there's plenty of it, since my oldest wheat is 1919 ....I will track it down better after a good rain...

...is this coax cable old? Does it date back to the first telephone coax's done by bell? Never seen one like it... Couple cars, well...1.5....one is just the frame...so, I guess two frames for q bike and car.....the small bucket is trash from past week... ...I usually split up my scrap/junk/cans once a week.... I'm now 2 weeks behind...

And I found two goods....a sterling silver bracelet w 3 pendant/charms pretty nasty....soaking n water has helped zero...I can pick the crust off...but Idk if there's a better way to clean st Christopher up....Idk whose on the other two....

And I found an old broken mood ring.... ....Idk how I feel about that...

Sorry, bad pun.. but, its solid, just all the mood sensing mojo is longgone...

Thx for lookin. GL&HH

EDIT:forgot to take a pic of bracelet, I will when I get home from the store.

-beav3r

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370994393571.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370994393571.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 114
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370994438298.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370994438298.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 86
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370994470250.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370994470250.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 76

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so all that, 1 night with a sniper, huh thats frigin awesome, how would u rate it up against the 5x8

OP
OP
bush13st_beav3r

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the stuff on the bags and like 25 pennies in the 2 liter... The stuff on the bag in the white bucket on tge left was w stock coil... I like the sniper so far... It's taking some gettin used to...but so far so good... And I can't comment on it vs 5*8, bc I got this coil first and havnt used the small dd... It's nice though since the house I'm hunting is wayyyyy trashy, like 3, 4 nails in one hole trashy.. ...I have quite a bit of foil pieces that are about pea sized maybe a lil bit smaller that it picked up on the surface mostly, a couple small ones were buried. Just about to go out now, hopefully I get better digs this time

-beav3r

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like rg8u cable with a ham or cb radio plug

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did good in all this heat. That little sniper is a fine addition to the ATPro, as you have demonstrated in your post.
Roy

OP
OP
bush13st_beav3r

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A local guy told me "you won't find anything good if you don't have a minelab"... ..well, maybe he was right? Lol... I didn't strike it rich, or find anything precious....but, I had to dig everything under the coil so I could learn its idiosyncrasies... Half the junk I found just running my propointer over the ground and popping the stuff out... So far, I'm very glad I blew 75$ on the sniper cuz I know it will treat me better as I learn its own unique language
Edit:even my spellchecker doewnt agree bout minelab and put mineral... While I've only seen a couple...and read great things...I just don't believe they are God like they're made out to b...
-beav3r

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread