allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to get out to detect yesterday after been called a sissy.( yes a sissy ). I couldnt go to far after my car was destroyed sunday night by fire. Anyways i just went into my backyard ( actually never even detected there before ).I Got off to a good start by finding a bunch of my boys' hotwheels on the surface, smashed in the mud, and laying all around my back yard. I went farther out in the yard and got a few signals, mostly just newer clad . 41 cents worth and nuts and bolts and thing ma jigs.
So i decided to hit my neighbors back yard, yes i have his permission, i found about .80 cents in clad and one 1943 d mint nickle. i have like 15 of them in my collection.
Anyways that all took about 2 hours and then i had to get ready to go to work.
Im going to hit his yard hard again today after it quits raining.
Happy Hunting all...Allen

Upvote 0

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Allen: Why were you called a sissy? Cause you wouldn't hunt in the rain? How did your car burn up? That's horrible! I trust you have
insurance! Keep hunting to take your mind off it!

HH Joe

OP
OP
allen

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO I HIT A GUARDRAIL GOING TO WORK WHEN A DEER RAN IN FRONT OF ME. THE CAR SHOULDVE BEEN TOTALLED OUT BY THE INSURANCE COMPANY, BUT THEY WOULDNT. IT WAS( SUPPOSEDELY )FIXED BY A REPUTABLE COMPANY HERE IN SHELBYVILLE. BUT IN THE THREE MONTHS I HAD IT BACK ,I HAD TO REPLACE THE HEADLIGHT BULBS ON THE DRIVERS SIDE THREE TIMES AND THE PASSEGER SIDE TWICE. THE INSURANCE IS NOW THINKING THERE WAS AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM THAT MAY OR MAY NOT OF BEEN CAUSED BY THE WRECK AND THEY THINK THATS WHAT CAUSED THE FIRE. ( WHO KNOWS AT THIS POINT )... WORSE PART IS I HAD JUST DROPPED MY FULL COVERAGE FOR LIABILITY TO SAVE SOME DOLLARS AND SWITCHED INSURANCE COMPANIES. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GUESS HOW IM FEELING RIGHT NOW? YUP, LIKE A TOTAL DUMMY.
NOW FOR THE SISSY PART; IT WAS CAUSE I SAID IT WAS TOO COLD FOR ME TO DETECT. IT WAS LIKE 40 DEGREES OR SO. I GET DRY HANDS AND THEY CRACK AND HURT LIKE HECK.. LOTIONS AND MOISTERIZERS DONT WORK NO MORE, SO I'LL JUST WAIT TILL IT GETSWARMER LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY, 55 OR SO.
HAPPY HUNTING ALL, ALLEN

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
allen said:
ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO I HIT A GUARDRAIL GOING TO WORK WHEN A DEER RAN IN FRONT OF ME. THE CAR SHOULDVE BEEN TOTALLED OUT BY THE INSURANCE COMPANY, BUT THEY WOULDNT. IT WAS( SUPPOSEDELY )FIXED BY A REPUTABLE COMPANY HERE IN SHELBYVILLE. BUT IN THE THREE MONTHS I HAD IT BACK ,I HAD TO REPLACE THE HEADLIGHT BULBS ON THE DRIVERS SIDE THREE TIMES AND THE PASSEGER SIDE TWICE. THE INSURANCE IS NOW THINKING THERE WAS AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM THAT MAY OR MAY NOT OF BEEN CAUSED BY THE WRECK AND THEY THINK THATS WHAT CAUSED THE FIRE. ( WHO KNOWS AT THIS POINT )... WORSE PART IS I HAD JUST DROPPED MY FULL COVERAGE FOR LIABILITY TO SAVE SOME DOLLARS AND SWITCHED INSURANCE COMPANIES. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GUESS HOW IM FEELING RIGHT NOW? YUP, LIKE A TOTAL DUMMY.
NOW FOR THE SISSY PART; IT WAS CAUSE I SAID IT WAS TOO COLD FOR ME TO DETECT. IT WAS LIKE 40 DEGREES OR SO. I GET DRY HANDS AND THEY CRACK AND HURT LIKE HECK.. LOTIONS AND MOISTERIZERS DONT WORK NO MORE, SO I'LL JUST WAIT TILL IT GETSWARMER LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY, 55 OR SO.
HAPPY HUNTING ALL, ALLEN

I would not call that sissy. I am a military veteran and more to the point now that I have a chance to decide on what I want to do and what I don't I appreciate having the decision to do so now.

Don't get my wrong though. IF the injuries had not put me out I would still be a soldier and proud of it.

Anyways to get more to the point, whats the use in doing something when you are not enjoying it all? Umm other than some of the jobs we need to help pay the bills LOL. If you are not enjoying something because of the weather or what it does then that is not sissy.

Ok guys / gals I know I might get a few quotes about this one. But really. This is a hobby and meant to be fun. If you are not having fun then its what it should be. No one is talking about having to work in that weather etc.

Anyways Allen Congratulations on that war nickel. I am sorry that the cold does that to your hand. It really sucks when weather puts a stop to something you really enjoy. I know that when the weather dips down to below 20 degrees farenhiet I will not be able to get out and detect. I know the cold will rip through those muscle injuries and have me hobbling for days.

Hope you can enjoy and make the most out of the few good days left before winter takes hold.

Postalrevnant

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL...remember - sticks and stones etc,etc.....

Congrats on the war nickel....sorry to hear about your ride.

Anyways, happy hunting/ns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread