Finally found a coin worth something

mobrigade

Feb 23, 2005
Missouri
I am a relic hunter by heart, and rarely "go" after coins, however, over the past couple of weeks I have the oppurtunity to hunt two prominent homes from the 1880s that was also the site of a skirmish during Marmeduke's 1863 raid. We found some bullets an eagle button, brass "junk," a naval cuff button (how'd that get there?), along with a total of 65 wheats, 22 Lincoln Mem, 5 Barber Dimes, 2 Barber Quarters, 1 half, 1 Sacajawea Dollar, 1 Morgan Dollar, several buffalos, 3 large cents, three mercs, and some rosies....anyway, I finally decided to actually look up some of the coins, they only one worth anything (financially, they are worth a lot to me regardless of value), its an 1895 "O" barber dime, that books at 365.00 in Good condition, this one I'd say is between good and very good. I will pos a pic tomorrow. Thanks,

Upvote 0

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
What a great group of finds and as far as the "O" Barber dime goes....just think if you had only put aside a sack full of those 111 years ago look what an investment return! WOW. lol
Congratulations.
Ron

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Barbers are always nice to find. No relic hunter would leave coins like those behind.

HH Jer

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
what amazing finds, I'm happy when I dig up a wheat Penny but sixty-five is just crazy. I wonder how and why so many coins were dropped in these locations. anyways awesome finds and would love to see pics.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Congrats on all the awesome finds,
a morgan dollar, wow! and the rare dime. Yes!
Can't wait to see the photos!

Smiles!
BDoo

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I know what you mean about the coins. I get all excited with a barber dime and then look up it's value - $4. ::)

Well at least it's $4. An almost $400. coin is super. Congratulations.

Mirage

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I will definately be checking back for pics. Most of what I do is coin shooting, that would be a day of dreams !!!!

T

TreasureTales

Good Golly, great finds! Please post pix ASAP. Got me drooling, and I hunt mostly relics, too.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow! Get that picture posted!!!! ;D

Congrats on the finds​

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread