Yesterdays finds

razor

Apr 29, 2007
Yesterday's finds

Went out yesterday morning. Weatherman said the rain would hold off... he lied :) I had a blast anyway. I hit another area with a bunch of small razor thin scrapers and shards. Walked about a hundred yards or so and found the scraper... may have been a blade at one time... open to suggestions. The color is awesome. It's smooth as glass and razor sharp. I'm thinking about hitting the sulpher river in a few days... let the rain churn it up good ya know. Anyway, enjoy the pics. I hope the quality is better. Razor

Attachments

• Haul May 22 2007 small.jpg
    Haul May 22 2007 small.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Scraper may 22 2007 small.jpg
    Scraper may 22 2007 small.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0

glasskeeper

Oct 29, 2006
Central, Vermont
Re: Yesterday's finds

Nice pieces Razor! Your're right, the colors are awesome. I have better luck hunting in the rain, everything seems to stand out. Good luck hunting! Jim

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

razor said:
Went out yesterday morning. Weatherman said the rain would hold off... he lied :) I had a blast anyway. I hit another area with a bunch of small razor thin scrapers and shards. Walked about a hundred yards or so and found the scraper... may have been a blade at one time... open to suggestions. The color is awesome. It's smooth as glass and razor sharp. I'm thinking about hitting the sulpher river in a few days... let the rain churn it up good ya know. Anyway, enjoy the pics. I hope the quality is better. Razor

Looks like you had fun, would by any chance the
Sulphur river be in Texas? lots of fossils found there.

Fossis..................

OP
OP
R

razor

Apr 29, 2007

Hey Fossis, To answer your question: Yes the Sulphur River is in Texas. I'm about thirty miles or so from it. My wife and I went last week and came out with a couple of what looks to be fossils of ribs, a few clam shells, and a bunch of petrified wood. It's raining like a sun of a gun right now. Think I'm going to head out early in the morning and see what I can find in the river bottom after being churned up. They find a bunch of points and such in the river as well. Talk to ya soon, Razor.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread