Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I met up with Thad (pa dirt-nc sand) and John (High VDI) for a little cellar hole digging at an old home site that Thad and I have been hitting lately. The place is littered with late 19[SUP]th [/SUP]to mid 20[SUP]th[/SUP] century junk, but has also given up some earlier finds including a 1749 KG II, an 1854 LC, a 1840s store token from Pittsburgh, some early flat and tombac buttons, and an early keg spigot key.
I didn’t find any early stuff yesterday, but it wasn’t for lack of trying. I did earn a new nickname, that being The Spoon King for my outstanding 5 SPOON DAY.
Here are my finds, most of which are bound for the brass and copper scrap buckets. The buttons and broken crotal bell are from Friday.
Jan 26 and 28 all.JPG

I also found a deer skull and a vintage frying pan with blue enamel. I offered to whip up a batch of fried deer skull for the boys, but they weren't interested.
Skull Pan.jpg

Here are some of the smalls I dug this weekend.
Smalls.JPG

I did find my first complete 1880s gas lamp fixture. I have found plenty of valve bodies and valve keys to these things, but never a complete assembly.
Gas Lamp.JPG

Some close ups of the gas lamp fixture.
Valve Body.JPG Valve Key.JPG

That's all folks, thanks for looking!

Upvote 16

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So when we invited John to meet us for the first time ever the coordinates we gave him where the end of an abandoned road near the city an hour from his home. He told me that his wife made him call when he got there and was safe in case we were ax murderers. Then you proceed to dig a 6' deep x 6' long hole in the bottom of the cellar hole and then set up your ritualistic skull frying pan cutlery thing. I'm sure he was freaking out just a little, but this will suffice for his initiation ceremonial experience. BTW, I would be tempted to take a wire wheel at that complete gas lamp fixture to make the old brass shine, I bet it would be killer.

I was waiting for the pentagram carpet to come whipping out of his bag that was hung up there.....hahaha. I don't think you showed me those buttons Sunday Steve. Nice digs for sure! Congrats.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was waiting for the pentagram carpet to come whipping out of his bag that was hung up there.....hahaha. I don't think you showed me those buttons Sunday Steve. Nice digs for sure! Congrats.
I found those buttons Friday. When are you gonna post your cufflinks?

TWray

Sep 5, 2016
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you was a roll or a spoon. Lol. Either way, nice relics. I’ve found one of those gas valves. Those things are super ornate. Huh? Congrats.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs guys, it's fun doing the social Tnet digs from time to time.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THOSE KIND OF FINDS WILL LIGHT YOUR LIFE UP..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread