Yet another heartbreaker

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Right color....9 grams... passed the 10k, 14k and 18k test acids and the 22k acid slowly ate up the metal on my stone..... then I looked with a lope at the area I had scratched on the ring only to see a silver colored metal showing now.... bummer! I didn't really hold alot of hope on this one since I'd never seen a gold ring with a name inscribed on the outside of the ring plus it didn't have any markings what so ever on the inside.... but when I got home, my wife showed me her mom's 14k wedding band which looked so similar in color and weight.... I don't know what I have here now, doesn't stick to a magnet but definitely isn't gold!
Oh well, tomorrow is another day..... at least it adds to the total ring count!

HH
Cliff

Attachments

• Heartbreaker2.jpg
    Heartbreaker2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 160
  • scratch mark.jpg
    scratch mark.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
I'm sorry about that ring, cdv1.\

I know of "BVLGARI being a "high end" brand, but if I can see correctly, the ring you found has a "U" ,not a "V".

Still that ring is a very nice find

Lorraine

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
I'm sorry about that ring, cdv1.\

I know of "BVLGARI being a "high end" brand, but if I can see correctly, the ring you found has a "U" ,not a "V".

Still that ring is a very nice find

Lorraine

Thanks Lorraine, it is amazing how much I know about jewelry now but I wasn't aware of BVLGARI. I did a google search and saw some really nice jewelry.... now one of theirs is in my goal bucket..... but I'll probably have to find a different beach to find it at!

Cliff

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:........"Save a Detectorist! No more Heart-breakers!:protest:"

Still a sweet and desirable ring. :icon_thumleft: I've found large silver class rings that were unmarked 925 and heavily plated in 18K. Found a large Air Force ring the same way once. The designer name alone makes that ring worth finding. :icon_thumleft:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its still a nice find even if it isn't gold. The ring makers are making it harder to buy real quality jewelry.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold or not .... thats a very nice ring. Always tomorrow......

Dew

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
I don't understand.... If the ring tested good through 18k, why would you think it isn't gold, even if it isn't marked?..... Beach Papa

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Cliff, like you said at least it's a ring, HH

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heartbreaker for sure...was it a water or wet sand find?

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
I don't understand.... If the ring tested good through 18k, why would you think it isn't gold, even if it isn't marked?..... Beach Papa

Mainly because of the fact a silver colored metal was exposed on the area of the ring that I scratched on the stone AND mostly because I had to put lots more pressure on the ring when scratching it to make a mark on the stone..... gold leaves a mark on the stone without as much effort as I had to use on this ring....Also, after gold is rubbed on my stone, I just rinse with water and wipe on a paper towel and the residue gold is gone.... my stone after this ring still has marks on it now!

Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions