Yet Another Sterling Cross Pendant, Third In Four Days!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I continued my ravaging of the local soccer complex and walked away with my third (in four days) sterling silver cross/crucifix pendant. This one rang in a solid 79 VDI on the ATPro at 4" deep. It was out directly in front of the goal in the goal box of a soccer field. It is very intricately marked and well worn. Not marked sterling but it is, heavy for its size and left lots of black patina on my polishing cloth! :laughing7:

I also found a soccer referee challenge coin, or flipping coin, an Italian charm which reads "Prega Per Me," on the reverse. (Pray for me?) Also found a very blingy girls' hair clip with lots of stones. Thanks for looking, I will be out of commission on an out-of-state visit for a week, so I will have to live vicariously through all of my TNet friends. Happy Hunting! Sub 8-)

Attachments

• coopercross2.JPG
    coopercross2.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 99
  • coopercross1.JPG
    coopercross1.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 108
  • coopercross3.JPG
    coopercross3.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 15

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great looking Crucifix. Your on a nice run having found 3 in 4 days.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Trez, I think the Lord is trying to tell me something... I hope all the new detectorists are paying attention to my words of wisdom on the VDI's and signals...i.e., silver pendants ring in as Lincoln cents most of the time! Sub 8-)

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You sir are the cross bling king!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the cross, lots of detail!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another unique cross for you. Is the little cherub silver?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey ill take that kind of stuff anyday, silver is silver!!

great finds!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another unique cross for you. Is the little cherub silver?

Thanks OD, There are no markings on the cherub front, reverse, or edges, or clasp to indicate sterling. I would have to test it to be sure. Sub 8-)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Trez, I think the Lord is trying to tell me something... I hope all the new detectorists are paying attention to my words of wisdom on the VDI's and signals...i.e., silver pendants ring in as Lincoln cents most of the time! Sub 8-)

That's funny you would say that, I found several grills one month, then I found several religious medallions and was thinking..God, you trying to tell me something? Nice Hunt and congrads on the treasure!

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, I had no idea silver and Lincolns rang up alike. I've been doing some serious cherry picking at anew park lately.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on more good stuff, keep tearing that field up until the chirps are silent.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for passing along the VDI info. On the AT PRO you would think that Silver would come in higher. I know on the PRO, I have recovered Silver Rings that rang up at 83 -85. Congrats on some nice finds

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm... Where do you find most of your stuff on the soccer fields? I've got a complex that I regularly hit the sidelines for (for parent drops), but have never considered hitting the middles, because it's mostly kids (under 14)... There is ONE set of fields, though, that houses all the adult club games. I've considered going out there for a hunt or two, but the only time I went, I spent 2 hours digging Beer bottle caps and pop tabs on the sidelines... HATED IT... Didn't think to do the fields, though.

Are there particular 'hot spots" for soccer fields where collisions and such occur that drops are likely? I'd love to know and go give it a try at lunch today...

EDIT: Turns out there was a lot of info already on T-Net. (duh). Still love to hear where your finding stuff. The general consensus is goal area, then up through the middle, though as with any drops, could be anywhere on the field for isolated stuff.

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Sub. Glad you got to cross one off of your list! Get it?

Best of luck to you in the field.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... Where do you find most of your stuff on the soccer fields? I've got a complex that I regularly hit the sidelines for (for parent drops), but have never considered hitting the middles, because it's mostly kids (under 14)... There is ONE set of fields, though, that houses all the adult club games. I've considered going out there for a hunt or two, but the only time I went, I spent 2 hours digging Beer bottle caps and pop tabs on the sidelines... HATED IT... Didn't think to do the fields, though.

Are there particular 'hot spots" for soccer fields where collisions and such occur that drops are likely? I'd love to know and go give it a try at lunch today...

EDIT: Turns out there was a lot of info already on T-Net. (duh). Still love to hear where your finding stuff. The general consensus is goal area, then up through the middle, though as with any drops, could be anywhere on the field for isolated stuff.

Skippy, Yes, both the child and adult fields will produce jewelry, and you have to dig all the pull tab signals, solid foil signals, and one cent signals, etc... to get the goods. Areas that always produce for me are as follows. 360 degrees around every goal box, yes even behind it where the goalies throw their sport bags..., then the area I call the kill zone, or battle zone, which is the corner of the field that you see when standing in the goalie position and point to your left out to the side line, and down 30-40 yards. Then there is the side line, where wet or sweaty hands throw in soccer balls about 10 yards. (rings fly off fingers too) Outside the sideline and out 10 yards, where the teams pace up and down and/or the parents/spectators sit. I have found many big coins (used for flipping) in the center of the field.

Some notes about organized soccer games- Umpires make players remove rings and clip fingernails. Pendants must be worn inside of the jerseys. Goalies wear gloves, their rings are secured inside, unless they put them inside of their sport bag. Sport bags and other team implements on the sidelines are are frequently hit by flying soccer balls, sending contents spilling out on the grass. Pick-Up games or practice games of soccer-anything goes, players wear their jewelry and lose it on the field. Best of luck, I hope to be seeing your soccer field jewelry finds on TNet soon.

(I was a former player and coach-Sub 8-))

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is quite a collection of silver crosses you have acquired! Very nice! Congrats!

Your a better person than I. I'd be taking the detector with me!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skippy, Yes, both the child and adult fields will produce jewelry, and you have to dig all the pull tab signals, solid foil signals, and one cent signals, etc... to get the goods. Areas that always produce for me are as follows. 360 degrees around every goal box, yes even behind it where the goalies throw their sport bags..., then the area I call the kill zone, or battle zone, which is the corner of the field that you see when standing in the goalie position and point to your left out to the side line, and down 30-40 yards. Then there is the side line, where wet or sweaty hands throw in soccer balls about 10 yards. (rings fly off fingers too) Outside the sideline and out 10 yards, where the teams pace up and down and/or the parents/spectators sit. I have found many big coins (used for flipping) in the center of the field.

Some notes about organized soccer games- Umpires make players remove rings and clip fingernails. Pendants must be worn inside of the jerseys. Goalies wear gloves, their rings are secured inside, unless they put them inside of their sport bag. Sport bags and other team implements on the sidelines are are frequently hit by flying soccer balls, sending contents spilling out on the grass. Pick-Up games or practice games of soccer-anything goes, players wear their jewelry and lose it on the field. Best of luck, I hope to be seeing your soccer field jewelry finds on TNet soon.

(I was a former player and coach-Sub 8-))

AWESOME Info... Just got back from a soccer field, where I did a lunch hunt... Another guy showed up with a detector asking me "Did you lose a ring, too?" I just laughed and asked him what kind of ring he lost. 10K white gold Men's ring with diamonds. I worked one end of the field and he worked the other (assuming that's where he lost it). About 45 minutes later, he came back across the field with it on his finger with a big grin. He'd been goalie and lost the ring while taking a glove off. So, if that doesn't confirm what you're saying, I dont know what will.

I only had time to do one box on the field. Just the expanded goalie area. I found about $2 in clad (mostly quarters), and a small gold colored dolphin earring. Rang up gold, but I don't suspect it is. I'll test it later.

I'll definitely be going to back to the field and hitting the areas you've described. Might even get back out tonight. Thanks for that!

Oh... And I loathe the drunkards who think the ground is the right place for their beer bottle caps. I went to a tree at the end of my hunt, and literally stopped and just started picking them up. About 40 bottle tops in two hands spilling over (maybe more)... Gross. Wish people would clean up after themselves.

The field was surprisingly clear of debris though..> looking forward to hunting it, and maybe finding my own white gold ring. :)

Thanks again for the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread