Yet Another Sterling Cross Pendant, Third In Four Days!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I continued my ravaging of the local soccer complex and walked away with my third (in four days) sterling silver cross/crucifix pendant. This one rang in a solid 79 VDI on the ATPro at 4" deep. It was out directly in front of the goal in the goal box of a soccer field. It is very intricately marked and well worn. Not marked sterling but it is, heavy for its size and left lots of black patina on my polishing cloth! :laughing7:

I also found a soccer referee challenge coin, or flipping coin, an Italian charm which reads "Prega Per Me," on the reverse. (Pray for me?) Also found a very blingy girls' hair clip with lots of stones. Thanks for looking, I will be out of commission on an out-of-state visit for a week, so I will have to live vicariously through all of my TNet friends. Happy Hunting! Sub 8-)

Attachments

• coopercross2.JPG
    coopercross2.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 99
  • coopercross1.JPG
    coopercross1.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 108
  • coopercross3.JPG
    coopercross3.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 15

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! The bottle caps and pull tabs are evidence of a lazy, slovenly portion of society who were not raised on the philosophy of " You pack it in, you pack it out, AND THEN SOME!" Glad you found jewelry, there will be more there, so good luck! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent save!

But, shucks! Just one more and you could do a complete "sign of the cross" ! (ducking and running!)

Oh, and about all that information about where to hunt? You forgot the most important aspect.
That treasure is almost NEVER where one thinks it is, it's where you find it! ;)

OK Whadi, THANKS for making my OCD kick in and now I have to find ONE MORE silver (or gold) cross/crucifix! And I wholeheartedly agree, sometimes, when you have given up, or are tired, or frustrated, and least expect it, that little piece of treasure reaches up and taps your coil...Sub 8-)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Whadi, THANKS for making my OCD kick in and now I have to find ONE MORE silver (or gold) cross/crucifix! And I wholeheartedly agree, sometimes, when you have given up, or are tired, or frustrated, and least expect it, that little piece of treasure reaches up and taps your coil...Sub 8-)

Boy! I just bet that OCD is a REAL problem when you try to get all those blades of grass pointing in the same direction every time you fill a plug! :tongue3:

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy! I just bet that OCD is a REAL problem when you try to get all those blades of grass pointing in the same direction every time you fill a plug! :tongue3:

On a serious note to ALL TNetters, Whadi brought up a great point, albeit partially true for yours truly. Please leave NO TRACE when digging sport fields, and pick up/dispose of surface trash that you find.

We are all just one "A$$H()LE detectorist" away from being kicked off of school and park playing fields, because they did not fill their plugs.

Our goal is to have the park/school groundskeepers just waive at us and keep driving by as we detect. (Ok, rant over) Sub 8-)

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an especially pretty cross, congrats.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a serious note to ALL TNetters, Whadi brought up a great point, albeit partially true for yours truly. Please leave NO TRACE when digging sport fields, and pick up/dispose of surface trash that you find.

We are all just one "A$$H()LE detectorist" away from being kicked off of school and park playing fields, because they did not fill their plugs.

Our goal is to have the park/school groundskeepers just waive at us and keep driving by as we detect. (Ok, rant over) Sub 8-)

Also, one more thing. If you're out hunting and you happen across that a$$'s messy work, don't do as I'm tempted sometimes. Because I sometimes think about just leaving, rather than hunting, so I won't get blamed for the mess. Try to repair as much as you can as you go. (It's ok to cuss them out in your mind, as you go.) Then, just keep an eye on the place as you pass by from time to time, to see if you can catch the culprit.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions