Ying to my Yang

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
Finally got a descent, straight-on shot of the opposite stone to my avatar. Took it Dec 22 @ noon and see much more than previously...such as the circle below, and what appear to be three dots comprising a triangle within the triangle.

Attachments

• 3725.JPG
    3725.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 517

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Ground0 said:
Finally got a descent, straight-on shot of the opposite stone to my avatar. Took it Dec 22 @ noon and see much more than previously...such as the circle below, and what appear to be three dots comprising a triangle within the triangle.

You have three vertical lines, increasing in length towards an inverted equilateral triangle, with the top line of the triangle aligned with the center of the three lines. A terrific find. IMO, the other things you're speculating about don't exist. Concentrate on the clear carvings. Are the carvings located in a known mining area? Good luck.

OP
OP
Ground0

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
Yes, it is in a known mining area. For contrast, I'm posting the opposite stone who's vertical lines are more evenly consistent; i.e., not stepping up, etc... This has been a curiosity for me, that is, if they hold any significance in the first place.
It has been suggested that they are mason signs (as in a signature of the masons who built the bridge they appear on,) however, the signs appear on the Southwest corner of the bridge foundation. I believe these marks would be on the cornerstone on the Northeast corner(?)

Attachments

• 3727.JPG
    3727.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 510

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
ground0

I think you have probably figured out your signs already .... w/as above..so below or ying/yang as you say?
Or perhaps it just balances the bridge.
Oddrock

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
If the mark were a Spanish one the interp would be quite different with this one.
with the three followed by a triangle the sign reads from left to right is simply "9".

Being a more modern survey mark there may be another sign or two that corresponds with it to give a semblance of meaning.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
ground 0
remember depending on the date of the build, that during the period of the great depression
the Civilian Conservation Core was building inrastructure like bridges and trails, roads ect,
The CCC hired experienced Masons,[the secular stone cutter types-not the Ritual Masons]
my uncle worked in the CCC and many years later he took my dad and I around to visit
his many projects that he worked on and he left his 'masons' mark on each one that he
was in charge of, so he could admire them decades later, this may simply be an example
of that practice, but I would search out each sign and see if you can connect any dots
just to be sure some one later used the very perminate bridge abutment as a land mark
easy to find..like when gold was illegal to hold....so it had to be hidden in the outback
or hidden in plain site of a nearby landmark , good luck
oro obscura
quien sabe
rangler

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions