You can metal detect but you just cant dig...

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was told this once by a county judge on some county lots. I tried to probe but everything was too deep. I ended up using a Wilcox hand digger.

I understood that they didn't want me to bring a shovel and dig up city utilities. I think that I found the happy medium between digging deep and running into the city utilities and still being able to find something. Even though with the shovel I knew that I wouldn't dig deep enough to hit anything to begin with.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same in the NY State Parks (at least the local ones). OK to detect but not to dig or remove objects from the park.

I asked: "what about picking up litter?"

"Only from the surface" was the response.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
show them your pinpointer , say " in the old days we had to DIG " , we dont dig anymore because we have new technologies. NEVER use the word DIG !

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I just have to say it when it comes to these danged rules and laws! Leave the metal detector at home and go out and dig up the whole dang Park and when confronted, tell them you are putting in a sewer line so all of their shiite rules and laws can be flushed down the toliet.:tongue3::laughing7:

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions