You just never know!

peteacher37

Aug 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I am a little in shock but I thought you should know how my detecting experience went today. I have a friend who "tears" down old houses for a living. I asked him if he knew where I could detect and he mentioned the place I went to today. It was an old doctors office that he was demolishing in a few days. After about 2 hours I had found only 2 nickels. One was 1943 and the other was 1947. I was getting discouraged and asked him if I could look inside. He said go ahead and take anything I want. I found many things I wanted including 12 handblown Christmas ornaments from Germany. He mentioned he was using them for golf balls last week! Ouch!!!!!!!!! Anyway as I was about to leave I noticed a blue coin binder lodged down behind a shelving unit. I pulled it out and look what I found! A silver half dollar collection from 1937-1947. Twenty two halves in all! Im not a coin guy so what do I do with them? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• foundhalves.jpg
    foundhalves.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,430
Upvote 0

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had someone throw away a 1901-O barber dime i found a few weeks ago, never to be found again....but it'd be much worse for that house to be demolished with that album in there. Congrats on a great eyeball find man. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread