You might be a detectorist if.....

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When your husband is driving down a particular street, you keep driving him crazy by saying"I wish we could detect there!"
Every weekend you check craigs list and lost and found adds, just in case......
You get excited seeing sports being played in green fields, knowing of all the stuff that could get lost,and be just waiting for you to find it.
You have more sand in your yard or floor than at the beach.
You see other people's jewelry and wish they would lose it.
When you get home after being out, and your freinds and neighbors ask what you found.
On friday night you and your honey are researching where to go and how the weather will be, and making sure batteries are good, and your in bed early!
You get excited when you hear there will be a low tide.
The fishermen know you by name, and appreciate the lead you give them.
At the farmers market, your favorite food stall asks "The usual?" and then ask what you have found lately.
When you pay to get into parks, and the people in the booth know you and let you know if anything was lost, before you even say anything!
Your terrified of spiders, but yet you don't hesitate to go after your target!
You figure out how to dig that good signal, sitting under a big pile of dog poo.
You and your honey have a bet who will find enough to pay for slurppies, usually he wins! LOL
Red

I just remembered another one, your husband offers to get your nails done nice again, and I say why? They'll just get in the way and break when I'm playing!!!! LOL Red

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just remembered another one, your husband offers to get your nails done nice again, and I say why? They'll just get in the way and break when I'm playing!!!! LOL Red

have to ask love you both, but is it "chug" for beer and "red" as in hair color...Inquiry minds want to know, keep beep-n-liftloop

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
have to ask love you both, but is it "chug" for beer and "red" as in hair color...Inquiry minds want to know, keep beep-n-liftloop

Close, Chug because when My Mom was feeding Me and My twin Brother bottles I would Chug Mine!!! Red is Because of Her Beautiful Red Hair!!! OK Where's the Beer HH Chug

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well said chug and red,,, happy haunting and hunting

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...you have permanent mud stains on the knees of your jeans.
...you get that really "great" feeling when you return the gold ring to it's owner.
...when you dream about what your next machine is going to be (even though you love the one you now use).
...you've given up all your other hobbies so you have more time to detect.

Anita

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...... Your gums are sore cause you don't want to spend the money you've been saving for that new Minelabs CTX 3030 on a new set of dentures!

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
When you bump a coiled copperhead snake in the head with your coil to be sure he is not sitting over a civil war relic. Never mind how you would have moved him if he had been over something good.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are searching beaches with your detector, and fools yell out of their car windows: Are you searching for a gold mine?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..When you are more concerned with charging your detector battery than you are your cell phone...
..When you get angry that you can't find a tool-belt that perfectly fits your garrett pro-pointer
..When your industrial sink is filled with dirty clad that you promise the wife you "will definitely take care of tommorow."
..When there are bottles filed with wheats and olive oil covering your laundry room.
..When you always have to turn around and check out the road "schoolhouse lane" or "old church road" that you just passed by.

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you've gotten poison ivy twice in the last 3 months and you still think you can get in the same area without there being a third!!

you can't drive through towns like a normal person anymore and need to scope out every old house and lot like a stalker!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When your husband is driving down a particular street, you keep driving him crazy by saying"I wish we could detect there!"

Dear Red, I love you with All My Heart!!!! But there Is NO Possible Way to Detect Fort Vancouver National Historic Reservation!!! Love Ya Chug

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Election Day
...Vote at 6:00 am
...06:05-Polls close...driving to all the poll sites to scope out the traffic patterns and where the Campaign folks are camped out.
...Polls close...go detect the best polling sites....

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...when your detector costs more than your car! ( true in my case)

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you wake up on the day you will be hunting a "new" spot and it feels like Christmas.:thumbsup:

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..... you've considered sending a self written legislation entitled " freedom of detecting act " to your senator.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...if you are reading this right now.

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your gourmet meal consists of vienna sausages and trail mix...

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your gourmet meal consists of vienna sausages and trail mix...

Not a huge fan of vienna sausages, can I subsitute a PB&J or SpaghettiO's straight out of the can?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread