YOU WONT BELIVE THIS

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
I'm an electrical contractor and part of my business is doing underground trench work for the main electrical lines to homes and business'.
We were doing a job last week in a subdivision that's kind of like the old meeting the new. On one side of the street it's all new homes and on the other side it's all homes that are about 40 or so years old.
As we were finishing up a job on the new side of the street a man approached me from the old side. He asked me if we would be interested in tearing out some fitzer bushes and removing the dirt to a depth of about 4" so he could put down gravel. I went over, looked at the job, gave him a price, he agreed so we scheduled it for today. The area the fitzers needed to be removed from was about 4' wide and 120' long.
We started finding neat things right off the bat under the bushes. Man, fitzers are nothing more than a neighborhood dumpster when you stop and think about it. We must have found 20 hot wheels, old jars, cans, bottles, bouncy balls and everything else you could imagine.
As I was digging some of the last fitzers out I noticed something laying there in the dirt that kinda made me go, what the??? I got off my mini ex, reached down, picked it up and it still took me a minute to register what it was.
It's a gold money clip loaded with money. There must be at least 8 or 10 bills in the clip. I was able to open it just a bit and could definitely make out two 5's under three 1's.
I don't know how much is in the for sure but I don't want to tear it up just to find out. I like it just as it is.
When I showed it to the homeowner he actually took it from me wanting to keep it for himself and then brought it back later and said, I guess since you found it you can have it, it wont do me any good. All I said was, thank you sir.

Start searching those bushes that are being torn out in your neighborhood, you never know what's been lost in there.

HH

sparkymaster

Attachments

• money clip 001.jpg
    money clip 001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 3,146
  • money clip 002.jpg
    money clip 002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 3,151
  • money clip 003.jpg
    money clip 003.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3,143
  • money clip 004.jpg
    money clip 004.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,117
  • money clip 005.jpg
    money clip 005.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3,117
Upvote 0

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Sparky,
Didn't you say something about good Karma?
You can take it to the bank and get new bills, but like you say it's kinda neet.
Tennessee Joe

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome dude. Thats an unusual find. :thumbsup:

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! Great find! Are they old bills or something a bit newer? At any rate, why would anyone lose that??? Ha, WTG!! To bad you couldn't hit that area with a M/D!

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
sparkymaster

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Well, the curiosity got me.

I had to try and pry the bills open to get an idea of what was in there.

I can for sure see two 10's, two 5's and three 1's. The rest are too stuck together and I don't want to ruin it by tearing them apart, I like it the way it is.

I haven't seen bills like these for a long time. They are all definitely older bills but not old enough to be rare or anything.

HH

sparkymaster

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Great find,sparky.I'm with you,I would keep it just as it is in a display box.It'll be a good conversational item when showing.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, what an interesting find!

I would have thought the money would have disentegrated after all these years from moisture/decay. They look like they were somewhate preserved if you say they are older looking bills.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
That is KOOL! I am so glad the owner gave it back to you. After all what the dickens was he going to do with it but throw it away. What a really neat find.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Pretty cool! Did you cart the dirt somewhere where you can detect it later? Or wasn't there enough dirt to make it worthwhile?

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is so cool! Would like to see pics of the other things you found too.

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
SparkyMaster that is SOOOO COOL !!

To bad the bills are history , at least the guy was cool and gave the find back to ya !

Congrats :icon_sunny:

Derek :icon_jokercolor:

LRB76

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
middle Tennessee
Great Find!! i wonder if they are silver certificates? It is hard to tell from the pictures. My grandfather saved some from the store that he owned in the 1950's. I now have put in plastic sleeves in a binder for protection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread