YOUR PREDICTIONS HERE, to end of year!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
by end of year Gold will NOT HIT 2000 a ounce but may get to 1600, it wont go below 1350 for any amount of time., silver WILL be at 50.00 a ounce or real close not to go under 30.
Copper, Brass (fast becoming precious metals) will continue to rise.

Id love to hear the more educated folk here's predictions for this year

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to an old man that's been selling gold and silver coins for more than 10 years, that I know of. He seems to believe that silver will go to $45 by July, and $60 by the end of the year. Gold may get passed $1,500 by the end of the year.

Neither of us had a lot of time to talk, so I never got his view of a question that's been tossing around in my mind since last December: "What will happen to the buyers prices of gold and silver as we get closer to the end of the year?"

Remember, effective Jan. 1st, 2012, the National Health Bill that was passed has an amendment in it that an IRS 1099 has to be issued by the buyer for (yearly) total sales of $600 or more of gold or silver. Precious metals may be way up there, but the best buyers has the seller over that "1099 barrel" for undeclared income and may not be paying the higher prices in late November and December....

Any thoughts on that perspective?

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
buy and sell for cash

Up late too, Tex?

But selling to a refiner's place like ARA pays so much better than any other person or business I know of.... Are there honest places and people in Texas that pay that high?

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
I Dont know about refiners I only sell on Ebay, and only buy when its a deal,, or from coin dealers and i think it'll go up. I never sell back to coin dealers. I do deal with one coin dealer that prefers cash, but again I only buy,, never sell to him..

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
I Dont know about refiners I only sell on Ebay, and only buy when its a deal,, or from coin dealers and i think it'll go up. I never sell back to coin dealers. I do deal with one coin dealer that prefers cash, but again I only buy,, never sell to him..

Isn't there a paper trail when selling on Ebay?

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
3 months max as i understand it. but i dont do it big time, and only sell to individuals. hell, 600 annually in trade for gold or silver is out of my league.

tell your buyers on ebay they have to fill out a 1099 when they buy,,, see where it gets you.

Im thinking its a Obamanothing.

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
If your selling ,, and not many folks are right now, Im sure there are many cash avenues.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
26 states are challenging Obamacare as unconstitutional. My guess is this will still be an unresolved issue on Jan. 1, 2012, keeping the 1099 provision in limbo.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well This is not an Educated Guess,
but it is my Guess.

I say silver will finally hit a Record high
in 2012

I'd be pleasently Surprised if it rises $10.00
more This year yet

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Gold $1550, Silver $51

If Obama doesnt sign the 1099 repeal there will be one less small business in my home town. I would rather join the countless people in my state buying gold illegally than 1099 my customers so the government can decide how much they are owed of the money I give my customers. Remember if you dont have a receipt to prove what you payed for that gold chain back in 1982 then you owe income taxes on the entire amount you received for selling it.

I wont help the government steal more of what is not rightfully theirs.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After spending three hours last night reading blogs, graphing historical data and looking at the Comex balances for AG and AU.
Considering all the contracts and the up coming investigation of manipulation of silver. I am going to place an uneducated
guess of silver will be close to $52.00 by the end of year. Gold will still have its peaks and valleys but will reach a steady
rate of $1,500 dollars.

By the end of 2012, all of the charts and graphs I made, Silver comes out to a little over $65.00 and Gold comes out at $1,621. The election year will be quite interesting as all PM's do well just before the election and a couple of months after the election.

My calculations take into effect the economy(Worldwide), consumption rate of silver, disaster in Japan, China hoarding PM's, Falling dollar, Unemployment and housing starts. In otherwords it is a SWAG. :laughing7:

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver will be $52 by June and possibly by he end of April if we keep this up.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2010, the world mined approximately 736 million ounces of silver and 85 million ounces of gold.3 The world also produced an additional 215 million ounces of silver and 53 million ounces of gold from recycled scrap.4 Adding both together brings us 951 million ounces of silver and 139 million ounces of gold supply, for a ratio of nine ounces of silver to one ounce of gold.

Mmmmm interesting

Oh and silver is $45.33, less than $7 away from $52

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
Two months ago I thought silver would hit $45-$46 by the end of August and we're about there now. What did I know? So, I'll venture to say silver goes above $50 by July 8th. Gold? Let's say $1550 by July 8th as well.

Seajay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions