Your silver finds in Texas...

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just curious how everyone here in Texas is doing with the silver. I am sure it has to do with the places I hunt, but... I usually find about 5 pieces of silver jewelry for every single silver coin that I find. I am not complaining, but would like to find more silver coins. I know it is all about location, but just wondering how everyone else in these parts is doing on the silver. :dontknow:

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
For my wife and I, it took going to Kansas to find and dig a silver coin, and then it was just a Mercury dime.

Looking at what we dropped off today at ARA, I'll be more than happy finding more silver jewelry.

Semper Fi

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
i found two spanish real coins, face value of 2 reals, dated 1773 and 1776, when i was a kid. the local creek flooded higher than normal and eroded some of the bank away. I went to view the damage and found the two coins there. I never went back to look again. Knowing what i do now, i'm planing on getting in touch with the land owner and go out there to MD.

mretrackr

Sep 17, 2010
My first Silver coin since moving here to Waco TX 3 months ago. and the nicest silver coin (condition wise) i have dug in my 30 yrs of hunting.

happy holidays!!

mikeB

Attachments

• barber dime front.jpg
    barber dime front.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 725
  • barber dime back.jpg
    barber dime back.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 710
  • barber dime front.jpg
    barber dime front.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 703

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Really sweet find, great condition. Most of my silver finds are 1940s thru early 60s. Some mercs from the 30s. Oldest was a decent condition 1917 standing liberty. Can't seem to break into the 1800s around here. Time for a road trip I quess.

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldest is a 2 real coin, 1799, found behind the old Bland Cadilac place in downtown Houston, and an 1855 dime in the parking areas behind the Old Spring Cafe in Old Town Spring.

The real coin was on an empty lot they were preparing for a new condo about 15 years ago.

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I work out of town ALOT and spend a lot of time outside of TEXAS so I havent had the time to hunt much around where I live in deep east TEXAS. I did find an old park and got one merc. It was a far cry from when I was hunting in the Chicago area and pulled over 400 silvers in the parks there. I am hoping to get out and hit some private properties when I get back home. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread