txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a field detecting and was finding a few cool relics when I ran across this disk thing, I thought at first it was a DQ token for an icecream but then I saw Sharpsburg on it. I had some research done on it and found a 10cent token but not a 1.00 then I found a listing for a dollar token, but it didn't have a pic, so I emailed them and sent them the pic and they sent me some info, here is the link for the token now. So far I know of no one else that has one of these tokens! A tractor did the damage to the token not me. Dang shame but still in good condition.

http://tokencatalog.com/display_rec...tringAnyWord=sharpsburg&action=DisplayRecords

Attachments

• mfield_001.jpg
    mfield_001.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 426
  • mfield_002.jpg
    mfield_002.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 423

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Cool token and nice find. I used to live in Harlingen when I was a little boy back in the 50's. Trying to remember the elementary school I went to but it's been too many years. Wish I could go back there and search the old playground but chances are it's not there anymore. Not real sure but I think the school was name Primera elementary, just been too many years. Token looks good. John

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John most of the schools down here is fenced in now

The name is Wilson Elem it is on Primera rd

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Thanks Kickergirl, as soon as I read Wilson Elementary I was flooded with old memories, thanks for that. My hunting partner, Jaime, and I are primarily beach hunters and are planning a trip down to Corpus to hit the beach where rings are usually found. Thanks and good hunting. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread