All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 343

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Makes one want to wring someones neck .A sad sight,but its seems to be a way of life for some idiots.
Van

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VanGone said:
Makes one want to wring someones neck .A sad sight,but its seems to be a way of life for some idiots.
Van

The only chance is they may 'grow up someday', they
recently installed new road signs for 911 identification, they
lasted a few months.
the ones who do this don't think about their family that
may need the service also.

Fossis................

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
So what's it taste like....j/k we have signs shot every year, they replace some, but it's difficult to keep up. Some of the energetic shooters have graduated to paintballs and have been driving around busting picture windows.

Last time I knew that 22 cal. fad was how accurate while moving at hitting a sign.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will do. Some shouldn't have guns and not be allowed to have kids of their own.

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
I sure hope there weren't any houses within a mile behind the sign. This type of activity usually happens at night. I'd hate to see anyone get hurt by a round coming in to someones bedroom either through a window or a wall while they are sleeping.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
A short distance near my house the highway dept. put up an elk crossing sign with with a silhouette of an elk on it. There was a house 80 yards behind the sign. The sign was replaced 3 times because it shot up so much. Now they have it replaced with the the words "watch for elk" with no silhouette and it has not been shot at all.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
But it made for a great picture Fossis!

It's a little sad, but has been happening since signs were first placed along roads...

It's stupidity and youth mixed with testosterone and peer preasure.

Not an excuse - just a fact.

I don't understand vandalism and never will...

Great photo though, either way.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eagle77 said:
So what's it taste like....j/k we have signs shot every year, they replace some, but it's difficult to keep up. Some of the energetic shooters have graduated to paintballs and have been driving around busting picture windows.

Last time I knew that 22 cal. fad was how accurate while moving at hitting a sign.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will do. Some shouldn't have guns and not be allowed to have kids of their own.
Amen, Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lumbercamp said:
A short distance near my house the highway dept. put up an elk crossing sign with with a silhouette of an elk on it. There was a house 80 yards behind the sign. The sign was replaced 3 times because it shot up so much. Now they have it replaced with the the words "watch for elk" with no silhouette and it has not been shot at all.

Here, they prefer the o in the speed limit
signs for a bullseye.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenns5900 said:
I sure hope there weren't any houses within a mile behind the sign. This type of activity usually happens at night. I'd hate to see anyone get hurt by a round coming in to someones bedroom either through a window or a wall while they are sleeping.

This sign was in rural country, but a house
behind the line of fire, (empty), but with sheep &
cattle there.

Fossis...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread