Your thoughts on the diggers TV show

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
recondigger

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Look!! I found Muddy Waters meat can! I can just see him sitting in the yard.... Picking his guitar...eating his canned meat!" hehe those guys crack me up.

Lol

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I admit that I bashed them on this forum in another thread but I found myself watching them today on youtube. The weather has been horrible here and will be all week and worst of all , I am on spring break this week.Needless to say, I am sooooo bored which explains me watching the Diggers boys.After watching a couple episodes, I realized that maybe I am just a little envious of the fact that they are getting paid to do something that they really enjoy and are being backed by Nat Geo to boot!Anyway, I watched 4 episodes total and actually kind of enjoyed them. Don't flame me too bad.:notworthy:

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for what they find in one episode it could take a month if not a year to find, let alone pissing there pants every time they find something. cool to watch but its all staged for sure.

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for what they find in one episode it could take a month if not a year to find, let alone pissing there pants every time they find something. cool to watch but its all staged for sure.
thats almost a given. roland martin and all those fishing show do the same, they just show the highlightes of a day fishing

McKinneyMike

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2013
McKinney, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like these guys! They are fun and energetic. They are personable and out going. They put MDing in a good light IMO, vs the perception that the majority of people have about this hobby.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish they had spent more time at the Buffalo Soldier's camp site. There are probably a lot more good finds there.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
All these threads about the digger show and I havent commented yet. So here goes...

I watched the first show and was dissappointed because I didnt care for their verbage and antics. It wasnt what I expected. Now that my expectations are much lower... its not too bad.

zogcopperhead

Feb 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like everything else in the world, some people are gonna like it and some are gonna hate it. As for my personal opinion, its the best show related to metal detecting on the air right now..

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little over acting but its fun to watch.... for a while anyway. I'd like to have them show more of how they are covering the holes and not leaving a mess.

caselhall

Feb 12, 2013
Woodbridge, VA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 W/DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Dizz you don't like the "nector sector"? Lmao!

The two guys in the show look like they've been hunting together for many years, and
both are high-energy guys. Still, their level of excitement at finding something "round"
as a bit off-the-charts, and the ridiculous lingo makes me wanna
green.gif

Hunted with a partner back in the 90's and we were high energy too, and it wasn't unusual
for one of us to holler "SILVER!"...but we didn't climb trees or go batty over it. Lots of elation,
sure, but running around like a 5yo that got into the Twinkies is a bit much.

It's sure to be good for detector sales (especially the AT Pro), and those guys also own a detector
store that just happens to sell Garrett. They can't lose on the deal, and I bet their sales have
skyrocketed since the show opened. How good it is for the metal detecting hobby is something else.
If now folks go out all over and leave open holes and a mess, then we're going to get a real bad rap,
real fast.

I do watch the show regularly, and try to ignore all the hype and BS to see their finds, many of which are
quite good.

Perhaps the Mod's might consider adding a few of their more irritating words to the "no-no list?
twocents-1.gif

Dizz

D

DeepThought

It is a TV show..........Period. A lot of it is staged and acted as it is for entertainment and not training except what not to do.

BLUF: first impressions are the most long-lasting; image is everything. Stop rolling on the ground and hanging from trees.....focus more on explanations and support to the archaeological aspects. ...if all I knew about the hobby was what I saw on that show, I doubt I would give anyone permission to hunt on my land. Something to think about...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLUF: first impressions are the most long-lasting; image is everything. Stop rolling on the ground and hanging from trees.....focus more on explanations and support to the archaeological aspects. ...if all I knew about the hobby was what I saw on that show, I doubt I would give anyone permission to hunt on my land. Something to think about...
I have a hunting lease in Alabama and would love to detect your property with a couple of my friends...where are you located?

mcpsbus53

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2013
Christiansburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350 Garrett AT PRO Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's just entertainment. But on the other look at what an interrest it has drawn to the hobby of metal detecting while making the Garrett comapny a fortune overnight It's fun to watch but I don't take it too seriously.

Last edited:

Rolaids

Mar 16, 2013
Southeast US
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show. I don't like the goofing off that much, particularly the bets that are made, but I guess it's enteraining to the masses. It's interesting to see the different artifacts they find.

nose picker

Mar 9, 2013
Have I mentioned before that the Diggers show has inspired me to join this hobby....I love this show!

Roundness in the hole baby! As I type this message, there is an AT Pro and pro pointer heading my way - plus adventure pack stuff. Should be fully equipped by next week if the Nectar gods are smiling upon the UPS truck!

Already have practiced my happy dance when I pull round nectar from the juicy grounds of AZ.

Great TV, and love it, love it, love it!

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
when I found my first silver dime I texted my wife silver roundness in the hole.lol I held back the dancing but I gave the merc a kiss. After digging , and digging, and digging. It finally paid off :-) good luck and hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread