Your thoughts on what Ive found

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your thoughts on what I've found

Hi again everyone. I posted a while back about trying to find a privy on a property that I have permission to hunt. It dates to about 1890. I have definetely found something but i would love to have yalls opinion on what it is. I'm sure it's either an old dump or I've found the privy. Here are a few of my finds so far and they were only about 1.5 feet down. The cement slab with a hole in it located in the far left of the pic is supposedly an outhouse but I doubt it is very old. The little spot that you can see that is slightly above and to the left of the slab was supposedly a hand dug septic system. I started digging right in between the two and that's when I started finding bottles and alot of old metal. The ground looks kinda ashy and there are also quite a few bones. I'm thrilled either way but I was just wondering if yall experts could tell me if you think it is a privy or an old dump. Thanks alot for the help everyone.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 90
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 91

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant quite tell from the pic,,,but keep diggin,,,,bones ,metal ,ash,milk glass,,,,, it sure sounds like it has all the makin's of either one

OP
OP
Joshr29

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks alot for the input. That is as close as google earth will get to it. I just went out there again today with more time to spare and it is turning into a great spot for a newbie. As soon as I clean them I will post all of my finds. I'm praying that y'all can tell me that at least a few are from the 1800's. One other thing. About 3 feet down I've hit some tan colored clay like stuff. Does this signify the bottom or does it mean anything at all? Thank y'all so much for your time and help. I really love this stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread