Your treasures and the ghosts that haunt them.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think reds Going to Like this Thread!!!! Chug

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will chime in, had three experiences so far. After the last one I will not set foot on the property I was on the night it happened unless I have someone with me. There have been sightings of apparitions that I never believed until I experienced what changed my outlook. It was only two weeks ago and I have only told one person what happened. I have no plans on telling my wife because of the history and close proximity to our house. When you have something that someone wants, let them have it. If you want something someone else has, don't.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will chime in, had three experiences so far. After the last one I will not set foot on the property I was on the night it happened unless I have someone with me. There have been sightings of apparitions that I never believed until I experienced what changed my outlook. It was only two weeks ago and I have only told one person what happened. I have no plans on telling my wife because of the history and close proximity to our house. When you have something that someone wants, let them have it. If you want something someone else has, don't.

I like that quote at the end. I haven't had any ghosts chase me yet, but who knows

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've not had any treasure hunting related paranormal experiences.

Not to say I haven't had any paranormal experiences.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here in Mexico there are TONS of stories and a lot concur that hidden or treasures left behind and never claimed, are now being guarded by their owners.

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had two occurrances both from the same house about three years ago. My now ex-girlfriend and I were checking out old abandoned houses in the country around where we live. We like to see some of the history still left in these places. So we drive down an almost completely overgrown gravel drive way to find an old farm house with several out buildings. The house was locked even though it looked as though it hadn't been lived in since the 60s-70s judging by the furniture and decor still in the house.

Neither one of us wanted to break into the house so we ventured to the outbuildings to see what was lurking about. We did find a lot of old jars and bottles but left them there. In one of the small buildings about the size of a one car garage, there was a large wooden chest full of books and lots of luggage...some were hanging from wire from the ceiling which I thought was very odd. While looking in the chest, I found an old bible that was in german that was dated 1897. Along with it there was old disney cartoon books that had some sort of audio system that would play as you read the book. I take those books and my girlfriend found some antique metal cups.

A few weeks go by and nothing out of the ordinary happens. Then all the sudden we start having weird power outages that last mere seconds. There was a few times my girlfriend thought I had came home from work early and thought I had opened the door to our bedroom. Nobody was there. She had also felt someone sit on the edge of our bed at one point. Freaked her out (and she never believed in ghosts before this)!

The last straw was when I came home from work at 5:30am and found her daughter awake. When I asked why she was up so early, she said the radio in the other room was blasting and woke her up. I go in the room where the radio was in and it was on and cranked all the way up. Nobody had been in the room, period. The only people in the house was my girlfriend and her daughter.

That next day, I took all the items back to that house and put them where we found them. Everything stopped. No more noises, power outages or any heebie-jeebie feelings!

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second time we had a strange occurrance, my girlfriend's daughter and I were out metal detecting different places and decided to go to that house. This was about 6-8 months from the first experience. We decided we weren't going to take anything but just see what we could find...we figured no harm, no foul.

We go to the house and found mostly junk around the house...nails, random pieces of metal, nothing special. I had noticed a pond off into the woods and what looked like an old house trailer behind it in a field. We make our way towards the pond and on to the trailer. It was in pretty bad shape, almost all the interior was exposed with junk and old couches and other assorted furniture still inside. I didn't feel like going into the thing so I started to turn away and leave, but not before seeing a crowbar on the ground. I thought that I could use one at the house so I grabbed it innocently and took it home and put it in my pole barn.

Another couple weeks go by then I start having weird dreams. One that I clearly remember to this day is that I was sleeping on a couch at my house and I had received a phone call. One of my kids woke me up and gave me the phone. I remember talking to a deep male voice and after talking a few minutes I find out that he is the guy who is haunting our house. I am literally getting goosebumps typing this...it was so creepy to dream this.

I do remember telling him that no matter what he cannot show himself to the kids or they will be scared to death! He said that he wouldn't.

For whatever reason, I didn't put two and two together and didn't think about the crowbar I had in the pole barn. The next day, we had to leave and go to my son's kindergarten graduation. As we were walking out the back door I specifically remember telling my girlfriends daughter to go back and shut the big door she had forgotten to close and lock it. We were gone for about 3-4 hours.

When we came back and drove up to the house, I noticed the heavy back door wide open. I had the girls stay in the car as I go in to inspect to make sure nothing was wrong. We also thought it could have been my girlfriend's son who lives not too far away with his dad. He comes over quite a bit. I check the house and nothing is out of the ordinary....we call her son and he says that he hasn't been there.

Even though we didn't figure out what happened we went about our normal routine. My girlfriend ended up falling asleep on the couch in one room and me and her daughter was playing video games in another. Then all the sudden the power started going out again, like it did before. It wasn't like just one or two times, it was repeated....
After about 30 minutes it subsided and the daughter went in to take a shower. While she was doing that I was watching TV and my phone started receiving text messages from the daughter. Her phone was in plain view on the kitchen counter...nobody around it. I must have gotten a half a dozen texts all the same thing...some joke that she had sent me like a month earlier. If that isn't freakin' weird, I don't know what is....
So I made up my mind, first thing in the morning I was taking the crowbar back to the old farmhouse. During that night I didn't sleep a wink...I kept seeing the alarm clock's power go off then back on...all...night....long.

First thing when it got light out, my butt snatched up the crowbar and returned it to the old house. I looked like a fool because I was apologizing out loud for taking it and vowed never to take anything again.

All the strangeness at our house stopped and never happened again.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I have to say is they better learn how to "be dead" without it.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lmao you guys can't be serious about the whole ghost thing

right?

lol

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its stange but some of these stories have valid points. Try digging in a indian burial ground not knowingly. As soon as i dug i felt like i was having a heart attack. After getting away from it i talked to the BLM guy and he told me where we were. To this day im very carefull and aware of my finds.:dontknow:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh by the way the place was called squaws leap. By the name sum very bad things went on there

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I read this and I have to say, strange things happen that you just can't explain. Last Monday, I took my detector to an old home site on my property. I found an old silver baby spoon and some iron trash and after maybe 30 min. I went home. I went to hang my detector up in the garage and my wife was there shredding paper. I went into the house and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. Then someone behind me yelled....BOOOO! as if they were playing a joke. When the person yelled BOO! , my 4 yorkies started barking and ran to me in the bathroom. I went looking for my wife because I wanted to ask her why in the heck did you get these dogs barking and never came to help me quite them down. I walked back out to the garage and she was still sitting there shredding papers. When I asked her why she yelled BOO ! at me and got the dogs barking, she just looked at me and said, "I heard them barking , but I have been here shredding paper.
I still scratch my head about this, but...dang! that's a little strange. Ghost or no ghost, I'm going back.
Later, David

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I find coffin decorations alot and after I brought my first home had some weird things. Like dark shadows at night or noises that never were heard before. Or that movement outta the corner of our eyes. My favorite(not) is those creepy feelings all of the sudden.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol we get phantom messages on our phone, it's just the carrier screwing up. But I know what you mean, I've thought long and hard about putting back this one copper coffin decoration I found because stuff started getting weird in the house. Olive in the grounds keepers house behind the frost funeral home for the first cemetary for our town. Talk about creepy lol. Anyways one night I'm in bed and I'm so scared I couldn't move so much crap was happening, could been my mind or not playing games. But anyways it hits me in my mind about that decoration and I get that sinking feeling, so I call out that I'm sorry I wasn't trying to rob you just searching for stuff and dug it. I didn't mean any harm or anything. Well haven't had any problems since.
I've hunted someplaces that give you that creepy vibe when you start digging, so I usually just leave. I have enough spirit problem without inviting more. I found another casket ornament the other day at a church down the road but it was by the door just got knocked off. The copper one come to find out later could have been off a actual buried coffin cause my little house buts up to the old graveyard. Lol anyways long story short yes I believe something's are haunted.

Sacajewea

Greenie
Sep 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I brought home a silver Tea service and some how got pics of an entity to go with the Silver Set. It was the last thing I brought into my home . You can see the shape of a tall man standing in this thick fog you can see the Silver Tea service on the shelf in the pic. Will post the pic to show you. I was also givin a Painting that had a Spirit attached . Apparently the family had told this Auntie she couldn't paint, so she did not like her paintings to be displayed as she would pull or some how throw it off the wall. I had to return the painting I was givin as Dear departed Auntie Did not want me displaying her work, even when I told her I was proud to hang it for all to see. By the fifth time seeing it on the floor and all my china and collectables smashed on the floor I hd to admit defeat and return it where it was to be back in the attic where it probably still is to this day. P1070935.JPG

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't worry about bringing spirits home, because my house is already occupied. In the nine years I've lived here, there have been many poltergeist activities, like lights going on in the middle of the night etc. . None has been particularly scary or mean spirited, but annoying sometimes. Most recent was a couple of weeks ago. I was carrying stuff out to the car and realized the car doors were locked, so I went back in, used the car remote on the table to unlock the doors and headed back to the car. Just as I reached the car door I heard the "click" of the car doors locking again. The car keys were still on the table, the only other house resident was asleep in the other room.

I used to have an old wood storm door that didn't have a key lock, just a little thumb latch on the inside that you pushed sideways to lock the door. A few years ago, I went out the door only to find out when I went to go back in that the latch had been pushed, locking me out of the house. No one else home that day. My ghost has a wicked sense of humor. That time, and the recent episode found me standing and yelling to the thin air "That is not funny!", and then hoping none of my neighbors are watching or listening.

Last edited:

thadd

Oct 7, 2012
Huntington Beach, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was carrying stuff out to the car and realized the car doors were locked, so I went back in, used the car remote on the table to unlock the doors and headed back to the car. Just as I reached the car door I heard the "click" of the car doors locking again. The car keys were still on the table, the only other house resident was asleep in the other room.
Remote door locks are programmed to re-lock if the doors aren't opened within a certain amount of time. That way if you accidentally unlock them, the car won't be a sitting duck for a theft of opportunity.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remote door locks are programmed to re-lock if the doors aren't opened within a certain amount of time. That way if you accidentally unlock them, the car won't be a sitting duck for a theft of opportunity.

Not true on my Matrix, Thadd. The doors never automatically lock except when you start the car.

OP
OP
sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Jun 21, 2013
Our 2013 scion will re-lock itself after we unlock it if we don't open a door within a couple or few minutes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread