Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks half boxes #55 and #56: skunks

I reopened an account at an old dump bank that cut me off last year. I'm going to try to fly under the radar. They have a nice coin machine but I overdid it with $1500 a week (bag changes after $1000 and it happened every week obviously). When the machine jammed a few times, I started getting glares and then came the letter changing my free checking to business checking with a monthly fee.

I'm going to keep it at $500 a week and see how long before they get annoyed by me again. Maybe there will be a fresh set of tellers that don't remember me.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck with your new - old dump bank. I have 3 dump banks I use and I've been increasing my volume just a little lately and I already feel like Im getting close to my limit with using them. I've got great dump banks (and some pretty good p/u banks too) so I sure don't wanna screw up a good thing.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made my dumps and all went well. I have a $500 bag deposit with immediate credit to my account and a bank with a counting machine. So far so good.

2-boxes of dimes: 1-Rosie

One more for the pile.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm happy your dumping situation is getting better. I've never managed to get the immediate credit on bag deposits. If I didn't have good coin counters at my dump banks I would invest the time to find a bank that allowed easy bag dumps.

Have you ever tried other couriers in your area? It seems like there is a fair amount of silver floating through your area based on your teller tray finds, but you never seem to get any amazing boxes. I'm wondering if you could be finding more if you switched p/u armored car services. Not trying to offend, I just know you've stuck with this hobby for a while and I'd like to see you get a dream box or two.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm happy your dumping situation is getting better. I've never managed to get the immediate credit on bag deposits. If I didn't have good coin counters at my dump banks I would invest the time to find a bank that allowed easy bag dumps. Have you ever tried other couriers in your area? It seems like there is a fair amount of silver floating through your area based on your teller tray finds, but you never seem to get any amazing boxes. I'm wondering if you could be finding more if you switched p/u armored car services. Not trying to offend, I just know you've stuck with this hobby for a while and I'd like to see you get a dream box or two.

Thanks for the words of advice. Dream boxes are in my future.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like u have a good dump system set up now. Im hoping sometime soon I can find a bank that will give me instant credit for bag deposits too - esp if I start increasing my volume soon.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My boxes from my new supply were not ordered this week. Oh well.

I'm on the road next week for work, and I hope to hit some banks in-between responsibilities.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
My boxes from my new supply were not ordered this week. Oh well.

I'm on the road next week for work, and I hope to hit some banks in-between responsibilities.

One of my boxes didn't come in at one of my p/u banks today either so I decided to get a nickel box for the wknd from that bank. I'm looking forward to two boxes I ordered for Tuesday at a new p/u bank that I got a 21 keeper box last week but Im wondering if the Monday holiday will screw up my order from that bank next week. I guess I'll find out Tuesday.

Good luck next week. Seems like u did real good the last time u hit some banks while u were outa town.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things have been slow, but I did find a some silver while out of town. I found a lot of CWR's in small batches of $80, $90, $110, etc, and was feeling pretty hopeful. I found a sealed box of halves which I bought and turned down a box of rewraps. In the end, it was only the loose teller trays that produced.

$500 Loomis box of halves: skunk
$30 loose halves: 7-40%
$320 cwr halves: skunk
$20 loose Ike's: skunk

image-3732002804.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That's pretty decent results from just $850 in halves. I haven't had much luck with customer halves this year. Good thing my boxes have been producing really good this year. But who knows, maybe I'll start having better luck with cwr's and my boxes will be lousy the rest of the year - just never know with this hobby lol.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well May turned out to be my slowest month of the year at 21 silver keepers which is not as bad as it seemed during the month. For the last two weeks, none of my half boxes have come in. I had to redo my supply and dump situation because of some job duty changes. So, it's going to take some patience. I just got to keep on rolling!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, 21 silver keepers doesn't sound too bad at all - esp since u haven't been ordering any boxes the past two weeks. I've had my best month of the year this month but last month I was really in skunksville (in April I only found 13 silver keepers - 6 war nickels and 7 halves). I just hope Im not back in skunksville next month, I sure like being in silverville much better lol.

Good luck to us both next month and H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another out of town CRH and the results were good. I hit lots of banks. The silver came from one bank with $40 cwr, another with $30 cwr, and the last with $3 loose.

$760 cwr halves: 1-Ben, 1-64, 24-40%
$45 loose halves: 1-64, 3-40%
$39 loose Ike's: skunk

30 keepers is a good day for me. Keep on rolling everyone!
image.jpg

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are great results for one day and less than $850 searched. Your sure off to a great start this month. Seems like you've already found more silver in June than u did all of last month. Good luck the rest of the month.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit some more banks out of town. Surprised about the number of cwr skunks and then pleasantly surprised that some MWR's produced.
Ecstatic to find my first carver commemorative.

$76 loose halves: 1-90% carver comm., 5-40%
$300 mwr halves: 1-walker, 6-40%
$510 cwr halves: skunk

image-853803714.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Some more great out of town finds, and congrats on the Walker and commem! I only found one silver out of 5 boxes so far this week but I had really good luck with some loose mwrs this week too - I found 11 x 40% from just 18 mwrs. And I got one more box today that I haven't opened yet so Im hoping I can still find a little more silver this week.

You're sure having a great month so far. If u keep having this kind of success the next couple of weeks then u might have as good a month this month as I did last month.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Silverface. I feel much better with some decent finds this week. I have two boxes (hopefully) waiting at home for a Monday pickup. You did so well in May, it's going to be hard to keep that pace, but I hope you do! Keep on rolling.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, but I imagine last month will probably be my best month of the year unless I figure out a way to really start increasing my volume. Right now Im at about 6 boxes a week which is about all I can do with my current dump banks. But you're the one doing really good this month. And that commem is a cool find - bet that was a nice surprise huh? lol

Good luck to us both the rest of the month.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2-Brinks half boxes #57 and #58: skunks

Just glad to get my coin supply rolling again. I have two more half boxes coming in at the end of the week plus a couple of dime boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread