Zeros CRH LOG

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad about the new dime boxes. I got my first 2014 nickel rolls last week. That's another good thing about halves - u don't ever have to worry about getting any solid new boxes - just occasional repacked dump boxes which are even worse lol. So far my boxes have been all skunks this week. But I have half a half box from today still to search and hopefully 1-3 more boxes to p/u tomorrow. Hopefully we both start getting some better boxes soon.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got something. I hit all the banks in town on my way to pickup some boxes. Started feeling like Brinks was culling silver but alas they aren't.

$30 loose halves: skunk
$70 loose mwr halves: skunk
$2 loose Ike's: skunk
$500 box of quarters: skunk
Brinks half box #59: 1-40%
Brinks half box #60: 2-40%
image-2055209756.jpg

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
After a six box skunk streak I found a little silver in one of my boxes this morning too. Its nice seeing silver in boxes again and at least keeping the skunk streaks in the single digits. I picked up two more boxes from another bank this afternoon too. I hope Im not starting a skunk streak again with those boxes. I'll find out later tonight. Congrats on your boxes too.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My recent skunk streak was five boxes. I'm hoping a new silver vein is coming my way and your way.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boxes didn't come in this week. Did some bank hopping and came back with a couple of keepers.

$150 cwr halves: skunk
$50 loose mwr halves: skunk
$42.50 loose halves: 2-40%
$1 loose Ike: skunk
image.jpg

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Two of my boxes didn't come in at one of my p/u banks this week either. But I think that's the first time all year I've had any problems getting my boxes from this bank so Im fortunate about that. Well, at least you managed to find a little silver to finish the week. Hope you have better luck with your boxes next week.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got a decent box today with 7 keepers plus another keeper in my other box, and there were 3 1964's in the mix. That is four boxes in a row with at least one silver keeper. So, I am feeling good about my new supply line and glad I dumped the skunk line. I also got another 2013 for my NIFC collection.

Brinks half box #61: 1-40%
Brinks half box #62: 3-64's, 4-40%

image-3076234418.jpg

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got a decent box today with 7 keepers plus another keeper in my other box, and there were 3 1964's in the mix. That is four boxes in a row with at least one silver keeper. So, I am feeling good about my new supply line and glad I dumped the skunk line. I also got another 2013 for my NIFC collection.

Brinks half box #61: 1-40%
Brinks half box #62: 3-64's, 4-40%

View attachment 1015630

Awesome job! I'm glad to see that you are still at it and your finds are starting to get better. I hope your luck continues.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job! I'm glad to see that you are still at it and your finds are starting to get better. I hope your luck continues.

Thanks fishon. I was really nervous about redoing my supply and dumping system but it looks like it was a good decision. I now have a coin machine dump and an instant credit bag drop. Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully some really nice boxes will be coming soon.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended the month of June with 56 silver keepers. I wish very month was like that. Just got to keep on rolling.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended the month of June with 56 silver keepers. I wish very month was like that. Just got to keep on rolling.

That's awesome! Good job Zero. I hope the streak keeps going for you. It's good to see your luck change. You persistently stuck with it while you endured month after month of poor boxes and now you are reaping the rewards.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After having no boxes come in last week, I got a descent box with 11 keepers plus I did some metal scrapping and bought two rare coins with the proceeds (I count it as CRH but it's obviously not in the pure sense of the hobby).

Brinks half box #63: skunk
Brinks half box #64: 3-64s, 8-40%

image-1297065206.jpg

and here are two coins I thought would be very difficult to find in boxes 1938D and 1913P...so I basically traded a non working fridge, an old aluminum ladder, and a roll of copper wire for these beauties:

image-3353974115.jpg image-1463042797.jpg

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
3 90%ers is a pretty good box for sure! And that's a pretty good conversion of steel, aluminum and copper into silver. It's like magic!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice box and nice coins from your scrapping funds! I bought a '38D Walker and '13 Barber half in similar grades myself a few years ago. They're probably my two most valuable half dollars.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a couple skunks this week.

Brinks half box #65: skunk
Brinks half box #66: skunk

With my remaining scrap metal funds, I purchased 3-1968's and 3-1942's for just slightly over spot (total was $33 including shipping) for about 1.5ozt of silver and the walkers usually sell for a slight premium over spot anyway.

image-1863473067.jpg
image-3351061752.jpg

I prefer paying face value but swapping junk metal for silver is very similar to swapping junk fiat money for silver.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice coins, and those shiny Ken's look like they're in great condition. I found a little silver earlier this week but my last two boxes on Thursday were skunks too. I've got two boxes from Friday that I haven't even opened yet so Im hoping for at least a little silver from those boxes to finish off the week.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins, and those shiny Ken's look like they're in great condition. I found a little silver earlier this week but my last two boxes on Thursday were skunks too. I've got two boxes from Friday that I haven't even opened yet so Im hoping for at least a little silver from those boxes to finish off the week. H$H!
Skunks happen...but I hope your next two boxes are filled with benders.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Skunks happen...but I hope your next two boxes are filled with benders.

Lol, thanks. I'd sure love to find a dream box loaded with Benders and 150+ Ben's like Jun808bug just found but I'm not going to get my hopes up about that happening anytime soon - if ever lol. But finding at least one or two Ben's in my next two boxes would sure be a nice sight. Hope you have better luck with your boxes next week too.

H$H!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread