OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The week long out of town hunt ended well. I found a little jackpot this afternoon while dredging another 15 banks.

$140 cwr halves: skunk
$57.50 loose halves: 1-Ben, 6-64s, 16-40%
image-2573014547.jpg
The story is in the main CRH forum.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a double skunk tonight. Four more boxes to go this week, but even if they are all skunks, March will turn out to be a decent month. Keep on Rolling!

Brinks half boxes #38 and #39: skunks

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah you've had a really good month so far. Good luck with your next four boxes. Hope we can both find at least a little more silver before the month is through.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you've had a really good month so far. Good luck with your next four boxes. Hope we can both find at least a little more silver before the month is through.

Every score seems small compared to Starkizzles Double D dream cache, but slow and steady has worked in the past. Dream boxes and caches might come some day.but not if I'm not out there beating the bushes. Sorry your road trip was a bust. It happens.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah u just never know when u might have a nice score of your own with this hobby. Seems like the best scores I've had have been when I least expect it. And hearing about other peoples great scores is a nice reminder its still out there.

H$H!

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every score seems small compared to Starkizzles Double D dream cache, but slow and steady has worked in the past. Dream boxes and caches might come some day.but not if I'm not out there beating the bushes. Sorry your road trip was a bust. It happens.
well imagine how i feel? every hunt from here out will be a disappointment lol

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well imagine how i feel? every hunt from here out will be a disappointment lol

It's true. I've been chasing my biggest haul of 58 silver halves for a while. After about 3 months I realized it was a lucky rare event, and that I needed to just enjoy the hunt.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's true. I've been chasing my biggest haul of 58 silver halves for a while. After about 3 months I realized it was a lucky rare event, and that I needed to just enjoy the hunt.

i know it will be hard to beat ore like that, but then again i only got that score by hitting the banks and asking for halfs (the hunt) so i must continue to hunt or will not happen, small scores add up, i have been stacking for like 8 months and before my big score i had 10-11 ozs, something like that, and it was adding but added 52ish ozs off one score... i want to stack like that every week!! but, i pick up a 2 boxes tomorrow so we will see!! HH

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an ugly skunk today: an entire box of marked coins.
image-2639309271.jpg
Started my second box and the first few rolls were also marked this way. So, lost interest. I'll get back to it this weekend just in case there is a patch of silver in there somewhere. I've got one more box to pickup tomorrow. So far this week, it has been three skunks and a 4th potential skunk.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah the skunks sure do stink. I got another skunk box yesterday myself. So now out of my last 10 half boxes I've only found 1 x 40%. I have one more skunk box to p/u on Monday to finish off the month lol. Sure hope I can start getting some better boxes next month. I also got a nickel box for the wknd - hopefully I can find a little something good in there at least.

Good luck with the rest of your wknd halves.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks half boxes. #39 and #40: skunks

Every coin had a black mark on the edge in both boxes. Almost as discouraging as getting sealed boxes of rewraps (I can only imagine). I'm half way through my 5th and last box of the week. Nothing so far.

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm beginning to develop a "wave" theory when it comes to finding silver. I've only been doing this for about a month and a half, and my waves are small (like ripples on a pond compared to ocean waves for the veterans and high-stake hunters here), but after scoring a few silver pieces I always notice a lull afterwards. So, you continue to paddle until the next wave arrives.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm beginning to develop a "wave" theory when it comes to finding silver. I've only been doing this for about a month and a half, and my waves are small (like ripples on a pond compared to ocean waves for the veterans and high-stake hunters here), but after scoring a few silver pieces I always notice a lull afterwards. So, you continue to paddle until the next wave arrives.

Yes...I think their are several analogies that work. It seems very similar to prospecting as well. It's something about finite dispersed resources that are hidden by multiple layers of other stuff (boxes wrappers, tellers, coin machines, bags, vaults, vault managers, banks, etc.). I'll stop before my analogy explodes.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garda half box #55: skunk

I got completely skunked this week, but there's always next week. Ordered five more for next week.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like we've both been getting lousy boxes lately. But you've had a pretty good month overall. I woulda had a lousy month if it wasn't for one good box I got at the very beginning of the month - so my month has been ok. At least I got a good nickel box for the wknd. But hope we both have better luck with our boxes next month.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like we've both been getting lousy boxes lately. But hope we both have better luck with our boxes next month.

There's just lots of ups and downs. Can't get much lower than a bunch of skunky boxes. We have some ups in our future...hopefully soon.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
March turned out pretty good despite the large number of skunk boxes. I increased my orders on halves significantly and searched fewer dime boxes. Several half boxes never arrived.

March Totals:
$500 boxes of dimes: 1-Rosie

$5500 boxes of halves: 6-40%, 1-64, 1-walker
With 2 boxes producing and the other nine skunks.

CWR and loose halves: 26-40%, 6-64, 1-Ben

43 silver keepers for the month. I'm happy with those numbers. Can April keep pace? IDK

Keep on rolling!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are some really good totals thanks mostly to the great success of the customer halves u found. I searched almost the same number of half boxes this month and I think I had 2 boxes that produced and 10 skunks. My first box of the month had 20 keepers and the other box only had 1 keeper. But I did find a few other keepers in some loose mwr's I found. But if it wasn't for that first great box I woulda had a pretty lousy month. I've been thinking about trying another bank to order from but I know there's no way of knowing what bank will produce better boxes.

Hope we both have better luck with boxes next month.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks half box #41: 5-40%
Brinks half box #42: skunk
One roll had two silvers and three other rolls had one. It's nice not to get skunked. It reassures you that Brinks is not culling at your facility.
image-3826886388.jpg
image-4066202459.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread