Zoyboy Strikes a Large Coppa

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Yo, what's up, fellow tnet zoysters? Well, as you may or may not know, KirkPA, PACO, and I got out to the coppa farm today.

Well, to make a long metal detecting story short, my detecting day began in these four detecting steps: I yanked my datecta out of the treasure vehicle, stepped into the newly-harvested field, ground balanced with a tough dude-like attitude, and started swinging with zoyboy determination and passion. You dudes all know how much of a zoyboy I can be.

Well, to make another long metal detecting story short, I got a butt-in within the first 15 minutes. Then, about 20 minutos after the butt-in, I got an "A" on "Quarter" hit on my analog meter, which pinpointed at 6" on the 90s-style datecta. After slamming a few foundation stones down, I placed my trusty Vibraprobe pinpointer into the extreme depths and picked up an 1818 large cent. I instantly yelled, "LARGE CENT, LARGE CENT, LARGE CENT." KirkPA and PACO ran 20 yards in 2.21 seconds, raising their relic shovels in the air like Roman soldiers celebrating on the ancient battlefield. We slapped high fives for about 2 minutes, while yelling and hooting like baboonsters in the jungle. Well, to make a third metal detecting story short, I yanked out 3 more butt-ins and a dropped musketball from an ancient dweller.

All in all, it was a relic kind of day on a relic kind of site with many more relics left to be found on this relic-laden farm. After we got back to the treasure vehicles, we continued to talk about metal detecting and how great we can be sometimes or ALL OF THE TIME.

*All relics were found on extreme private property with total consent from the sweet farmer and his sweet wife.

zoyster

coin008.jpg

coin011.jpg

Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Zoy, I wondered what the heck you were rubbing at over there. Little did I know that you had recovered a coppa at a super depth.

You make those coppas look easy to find. Heck, our entire group is making them look easy. :) ;) :D :o :D

Keep the fever high, zoy!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done...I found a similar button this past summer!

Attachments

• butt.JPG
    butt.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 594

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Zoyster..........nice coppas. You guys are my heroes, you made yer Shamokin master detectorist proud of ya. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you guys.

PS: Do you have any extra "Superdetectorist" T-shirts for me and Jeff to wear at the GPAA Gold and Treasure show? We promise we won't wash them when we give 'em back to ya? And we'll tell everybody we know ya? :-* ..........Richster

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old money and buttons! What a hunt~!

Congrats! Nana ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super sweet finds, you guys sure know how to find em. :D

;) RR

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Rich in Central PA said:
Hey Zoyster..........nice coppas. You guys are my heroes, you made yer Shamokin master detectorist proud of ya. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you guys.

PS: Do you have any extra "Superdetectorist" T-shirts for me and Jeff to wear at the GPAA Gold and Treasure show? We promise we won't wash them when we give 'em back to ya? And we'll tell everybody we know ya? :-* ..........Richster

LMFAO, Richster! I don't think jeff of pa would want to have his name mentioned in the same sentence with KirkPA's. hahaha ;) :D Just kidding, Jeff and I are good buds now. :)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Zoy, I don't think you told the forum how deep she was! I think you stated, "It was frickin' (the better word) 7 inches deep!" :o :D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peroxide will do wonders for that coin...but only use the peroxide before you use any olive oil!

Nice copper. If you need photos of peroxide before and after photos, DonSJ or I can provide them for you.

-Buckleboy

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Zoy, congrats to you on your Large Cent Coppa and all your oooold relics. You, Kirk, and Paco had a great day out there.

How about a repeat next time! Wouldn't that be awesome....except next time, all you guys will score wilvers!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, congrats on the LC, but I like the eagle on the button, those are some of the nicest ones to find!

Don

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Don in SJ said:
Nice finds, congrats on the LC, but I like the eagle on the button, those are some of the nicest ones to find!

Don

We were wondering, how old is that button with the eagle on it?

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
Don in SJ said:

Don

We were wondering, how old is that button with the eagle on it?

I believe 1800-1830, but maybe closer to 1830, ballpark figures, not 1700's though

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
River Rat said:
Super sweet finds, you guys sure know how to find em. :D

;) RR

Thanks, babe, for the sweet reply. Now, go get another stander wilver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread