Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a story I wrote for another forum in the Spring =I had always wanted to use my CZ21 at a land relic hunt up against the guys
with the expensive land machines =It performed awesome (out of like 150+ guys I think I was in the top 10 for good finds)- I modified the story cause I had a lot of names in it very few here might recognize

how my machine saved my life or at least a trip to the hospital -
At the end of day one at a large organized Civil War hunt- I was hunting with friends - we had hit the south western end of the property early and partner had heard they got some buttons at the very northern end - so we headed up there. We all went off in different directions - I ended up running into an old friend and a few other guys.
I was on top of a small bluff and working my way down. There was another hunter about 20 yards away from me
I was swinging away and watching him swing. Next thing I know - I went down like a ton of bricks - I blacked out for a few seconds I think from the whiplash I got when I hit.
Other hunter came running to my side asking if I was okay. I was slumped over a dead tree and thought I was impaled. I was on my knees and looked down and saw I was being supported by a dead branch that looked like it was going into my chest. I pulled myself off it and started to pull pieces of dead wood from side of my chest. Other hunter asked again if I was okay - I looked back and saw that I had tripped on a piece of barbwire that was under the leaves and about an inch off the ground. I was dazed from the fall and could see my shirt was ripped - my chest stung and hurt a little, but I had visions of being stuck on that branch and having to be taken to a hospital. I heard a car horn and thought it was my guys ready to head back to the hotel. I met my crew at the suv and told them what happened. I looked at the shirt holes and could see I was bleeding - I had blood running down my side from the larger cut (pic is after clean up) , but it seemed to have stopped. As I was talking to my friend about it, I was taking off my equipment and noticed I had two gouged scratches down the box of my CZ21. Now the CZ21 is a heavy machine to swing mounted on its handle. Usually you would hip mount it, but with all the walking and crawling through the brush I was doing - I decided to wear it on my chest. So my box was over my left breast. Had I had it anywhere else - that branch would have got me in the heart area. I would have easily broke ribs or worse. You can see that the branch hit the box and slid off and caught me under my armpit instead. My CZ21 took that full force hit and im a slightly big guy and came out with just those scratches - which says a lot for the product too. I did well with it find wise in the hunt and it took a beating and is still ticking..and so am I.
2thumb.gif

PS - late in the third day - I was hunting with Josh from Dig Wars show - he got a call from Larry from Dig Wars and Rebel Gold show
long story short - headed out with another friend to find Larry and crew. Friend told me to give him a yell if I could see them - I got out about 50 yrds from him and once again went down like a sack of potatoes - this time tripped on wire fence under the leaves. I cut my elbow up landing on a rock, but he saw just how hard I went down -he yelled if I was okay and I gave a wave - landed face down and once again landed on my box of my machine - got to wonder how many other machines would have taken those hits with out needing repairs
I was worried about the next time I took it in the water - ive been using my other two - but this is the machine I finally took out and found the recent gold cameo ring with
so no worries I guess

Upvote 0

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
You might want to think about hunting places that have no chance of having fence on the ground.... it seems to be kicking your arse.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you may want to stick to water hunting! :laughing7:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow...glad you are ok.either one of those could have been it for you.tough machine too !!!

ghost of scrounger

Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a story I wrote for another forum in the Spring =I had always wanted to use my CZ21 at a land relic hunt up against the guys
with the expensive land machines =It performed awesome (out of like 150+ guys I think I was in the top 10 for good finds)- I modified the story cause I had a lot of names in it very few here might recognize

how my machine saved my life or at least a trip to the hospital -
At the end of day one at a large organized Civil War hunt- I was hunting with friends - we had hit the south western end of the property early and partner had heard they got some buttons at the very northern end - so we headed up there. We all went off in different directions - I ended up running into an old friend and a few other guys.
I was on top of a small bluff and working my way down. There was another hunter about 20 yards away from me
I was swinging away and watching him swing. Next thing I know - I went down like a ton of bricks - I blacked out for a few seconds I think from the whiplash I got when I hit.
Other hunter came running to my side asking if I was okay. I was slumped over a dead tree and thought I was impaled. I was on my knees and looked down and saw I was being supported by a dead branch that looked like it was going into my chest. I pulled myself off it and started to pull pieces of dead wood from side of my chest. Other hunter asked again if I was okay - I looked back and saw that I had tripped on a piece of barbwire that was under the leaves and about an inch off the ground. I was dazed from the fall and could see my shirt was ripped - my chest stung and hurt a little, but I had visions of being stuck on that branch and having to be taken to a hospital. I heard a car horn and thought it was my guys ready to head back to the hotel. I met my crew at the suv and told them what happened. I looked at the shirt holes and could see I was bleeding - I had blood running down my side from the larger cut (pic is after clean up) , but it seemed to have stopped. As I was talking to my friend about it, I was taking off my equipment and noticed I had two gouged scratches down the box of my CZ21. Now the CZ21 is a heavy machine to swing mounted on its handle. Usually you would hip mount it, but with all the walking and crawling through the brush I was doing - I decided to wear it on my chest. So my box was over my left breast. Had I had it anywhere else - that branch would have got me in the heart area. I would have easily broke ribs or worse. You can see that the branch hit the box and slid off and caught me under my armpit instead. My CZ21 took that full force hit and im a slightly big guy and came out with just those scratches - which says a lot for the product too. I did well with it find wise in the hunt and it took a beating and is still ticking..and so am I.
2thumb.gif

PS - late in the third day - I was hunting with Josh from Dig Wars show - he got a call from Larry from Dig Wars and Rebel Gold show
long story short - headed out with another friend to find Larry and crew. Friend told me to give him a yell if I could see them - I got out about 50 yrds from him and once again went down like a sack of potatoes - this time tripped on wire fence under the leaves. I cut my elbow up landing on a rock, but he saw just how hard I went down -he yelled if I was okay and I gave a wave - landed face down and once again landed on my box of my machine - got to wonder how many other machines would have taken those hits with out needing repairs
I was worried about the next time I took it in the water - ive been using my other two - but this is the machine I finally took out and found the recent gold cameo ring with
so no worries I guess
What an amazing story

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I thought it was amazing how your CZ21 protected you by taking the brunt of the blow. Not to many detectors could or would do that.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you just lost some skin and didn't get impaled. Life is like a vapor and then it's gone. Reminds me of some of the booby traps our DI's showed us in the army. I run into barbed wire everytime I hunt on land and it sure will throw you. I nearly hit a large wild hog who was totally black going to church Wednesday night and came back to the house and a briar snagged my leg and I thought that old hog had me and sure scared me. Be careful out there and this is a lesson to all of us to be careful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread