Twas a good night...

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of halves + another $480 in MWR of halves yesterday. This is the second box that I had ordered from a Wells Fargo that someone else purchased two rolls from. The two branches are maybe three miles apart from each other, on the same road and in the same town. My guess is an older lady or gentleman picking up a few rolls to search while they are out running errands.

Anyway... both the box and the MWR gave up silver, and quite a bit.

The box had two reverse enders and gave up 23 silvers, three 90%ers and twenty 40%ers:

1964 x 3
1966 x 4
1967 x 7
1968D x 6
1969D x 3

one.jpg

two.jpg

The $480 in MWR of halves didn't show any enders but gave up three silvers, one 90%er and two 40%ers:

1962 Ben
1966 x 2

three.jpg

Twenty-six silvers in total, was a pretty good night 8-)

Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good haul, it has been s long time since I found something significant. Nov 2011

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mastermind, good score! Does the Wells Fargo charge you for ordering half dollars? I realize you didn't order these but wondered if you or anyone knew their policy. I picked up a box of MWRs that someone had ordered and bought a few of as well. I did very well so I decided to see if I could hit any more of the same dump. I ordered two boxes and they charged me approximately $20 in fees. Before I ordered I specifically asked that my order be lumped onto the branch order and I dd not need a special order for me knowing that incurs fees. I have a substantial business account with them. They assured me repeatedly there was no fee and then snuck one on me. I haven't fought it yet. I scored a cuple 90% probably $30 worth in silver so I feel like I broke even and now just dump on those b*****s. Its a shame because they seem to get some decent boxes. Everyone I've asked assures me theres no fee but they keep putting one on there. They seem to even put one on there when I don't give them my card or info!!! I've probably racked up $40 in fees but got 38 WLs and Franklins out of the deal.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they told me no fees then they tried to charge them, I would refuse the boxes and then ask them if they would like to continue to have my account. If you don't except the boxes then no fees. WF has screwed up so much in the last year, yet continue to cheat their customers!

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve not had any issues with Wells Fargo where I live. I get 2 boxes a week (Loomis), and have never been charged a fee. They are some of the nicest tellers and managers I have met. Plus when I travel, I can usually find a WF branch for some out of town CRH.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mastermind, good score! Does the Wells Fargo charge you for ordering half dollars? I realize you didn't order these but wondered if you or anyone knew their policy. I picked up a box of MWRs that someone had ordered and bought a few of as well. I did very well so I decided to see if I could hit any more of the same dump. I ordered two boxes and they charged me approximately $20 in fees. Before I ordered I specifically asked that my order be lumped onto the branch order and I dd not need a special order for me knowing that incurs fees. I have a substantial business account with them. They assured me repeatedly there was no fee and then snuck one on me. I haven't fought it yet. I scored a cuple 90% probably $30 worth in silver so I feel like I broke even and now just dump on those b*****s. Its a shame because they seem to get some decent boxes. Everyone I've asked assures me theres no fee but they keep putting one on there. They seem to even put one on there when I don't give them my card or info!!! I've probably racked up $40 in fees but got 38 WLs and Franklins out of the deal.

Nah, no fees. Like enamel said, if they said there was a fee attached all of a sudden I'd tell them no thanks.

Coincrazed

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
If they told me no fees then they tried to charge them, I would refuse the boxes and then ask them if they would like to continue to have my account. If you don't except the boxes then no fees. WF has screwed up so much in the last year, yet continue to cheat their customers!

I’m with Enamel here. That’s dishonest to charge fees after promising not to. Since you have a business account, have you called corporate or talked to the branch manager????

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunt at Wells Fargo as well & no fees here in the pacific northwest. They bought my mortgage and are now stuck with me.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddly, one WF branch told me if I had a business account, then there would be a coin ordering fee. I didn’t open a business account, so no fee. The head teller at this branch simply adds my 2 half box order to the business order each week. She’s really accommodating and friendly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread