What's new

Good pick up so far. Maybe better.

galenrog

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
2,188
Reaction score
2,428
Golden Thread
0
Today’s pick up looks fun so far. Two boxes halves, two boxes nicks, two and a half boxes quarters.

Yep, 125 rolls of 2026 D Declaration of Independence Quarters. I’ve checked one box for obverse enders. Add were Denver.

Here is the question. Should I offer them up as is, or inspect every coin for the 4 July privy mark. If the consensus is to offer them up, I will post them here in a few days. If the consensus is to search for a privy mark, I will reroll them, then see who may want them.

The rest looks fairly boring so far. 8 rolls of nickels in, and the only keeper is a dirty 2009D nickel. The halves are a bit better. A 1976 S 40% silver.
 
Upvote 0
1 search. 0 sell.
 
2 search. 0 sell. I see a trend.
 
Well, I searched all the 2026 D Declaration quarters. All 125 rolls. No cracks, chips, or cuds. No 4 July Privy Mark. Oh, well, life is full of disappointments. When my CU gets their next coin delivery, we shall see what we get.
 
What do you mean by this”I’ve checked one box for obverse enders. ”?
 
What do you mean by this”I’ve checked one box for obverse enders. ”?
Open box. Check enders on all fifty rolls. Made note that all had rolls with obverse end coins had Denver mint mark. Had I not opened a box, I would have had any idea which mint they came from.

Busted everything open yesterday to look for the privy mark. No joy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom