Recovered Several Sharp Indians Before the Rain Came!

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I made it back to the park for a couple of hours and right off the bat I hit two Indians stacked together, dated 1902 and 1903!!! It's funny - sometimes I'll get a streak going to where I dig 4-5 good deep coins and then nothing but trash for an hour, then it will pick back up again. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it - it's just a matter of where I get the coil :icon_scratch:

I started at a slightly different spot to get the Indian duo, and then pulled a 1935 Wheat not far away. Came across a very high-toned hit, and really thought it was going to be a silver coin, but this turned out to be a sterling Champleve pin from the 1910s-1920s - which would date it close to the same period where most of the coins are coming from. Too bad the actual pin is missing, it would be much more valuable! It may have had the owner's name enameled onto the front, but hard to say for sure.

Dug some more iron today; one target in particular I almost gave up on. I remember pulling 5 long nails from the 6-10" level, and finally got a hit in the sidewall at about 8" to pull an 1893 Indian cent that was undoubtedly masked by all those nails! I couldn't believe it! Dug another hole and pulled three nails, but no coin....the 9" coil really shines in areas like this and I'm getting the same depth from it as I did with the 11" coil. I couldn't be happier and there's MUCH more park to explore!

The sharpest coin of the day was a gorgeous 1900 Indian cent with full "liberty" showing in the headband! This one was at the 7" mark and was a clean hit registering 60-62 VDI. Not a minute later and maybe three feet away I got an iffy hit and first pulled another long nail, and then another twofer - two more Indians out of the same hole! These registered 58 and 59 out of the hole - which is almost exactly where zinc cents ring up in 4 kHz.

Hopefully the rain will hold off for tomorrow and I can get back to the action - I'm looking for a way to ignore the beavertails but still keep the machine sensitive enough to hit 8-9" deep coins. Will let you all know how it goes tomorrow!

SAM_2562.JPG SAM_2561.JPG SAM_2559.JPG SAM_2564.JPG SAM_2566.JPG SAM_2565.JPG

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
You might think about using an app called tect-o-trac to plot all your older finds. It's a pain to use if you like to move fast, but really usefull. After some use you might be able to better establish those early 1900's traffic patterns. There are a few places I hunt where this has helped me tremendously.

You're killing it on the older coins at that park. Nice work, Chief!

:occasion14:

OP
OP
CZconnoisseur

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might think about using an app called tect-o-trac to plot all your older finds. It's a pain to use if you like to move fast, but really usefull. After some use you might be able to better establish those early 1900's traffic patterns. There are a few places I hunt where this has helped me tremendously.

You're killing it on the older coins at that park. Nice work, Chief!

:occasion14:

I use GoogleEarth to plot the older finds - it works most of the time except when there are trees in the way.

Going back today for more! :treasurechest:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent hunt! Those IHPs look great! I love the token the mostest though!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done! A even half dozen Indians is awesome. That 1900 is just killer.

Best of luck to you!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Well played, sir! I live up in Denver and my grandfolks were in the springs so we visited often. Grandpa took us kids to that big park on the east side of I-25. I have often thought of the places that look promising but have never managed to get down there and swing.
Grats to ya, thanks for sharing, nice bus token...I don't have one of those, yet! HH ALL

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds! are you hunting in full tones?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Taylor you're detecting a really great location. Keep-um Coming!

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread