OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
NP, I found this while looking for suction hose. I believe it will help a lot of people and should be a sticky!

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Prices have doubled since I bought my 4" Keene in '92. I paid $1600 new. I think gold was around $350/oz. Gold was 1/5 the price of a dredge then. At $3300 for a new 4" gold is a little more than 1/2 the price of a new dredge. Great bargain if there wasn't a ban in CA.

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So for the area I have to dig It would not justify spending a lot of money. Could I build a mini dredge with a small battery powered pump that I would be able to carry and work by myself?
I have seen small 12V pumps and if I am feeding it through a small 3/4 to 1 inch hose couldn't I keep it small and manageable?
The area that I would work has very few large rocks as it is mainly granite slab and mostly pea gravel and smaller but it holds gold and I know dredges have been in the area.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So for the area I have to dig It would not justify spending a lot of money. Could I build a mini dredge with a small battery powered pump that I would be able to carry and work by myself?
I have seen small 12V pumps and if I am feeding it through a small 3/4 to 1 inch hose couldn't I keep it small and manageable?
The area that I would work has very few large rocks as it is mainly granite slab and mostly pea gravel and smaller but it holds gold and I know dredges have been in the area.

You best bet would be a gravity dredge, hand powered sucker:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/d...powred-dredge-instead-if-using-one-moter.html

http://goldsnare.com/uploads/GOLDSNARE_SGS-2_Operation_Manual.pdf
this is more of what your thinking, the builder of these is a member here, he's a good man and very helpful

A gas powered dredge is the only way to go to move lots and lots of material, to get to the good gold and not kill yourself in the process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread