How to Increase the Depth of Your ProPointer

Stray Cat

Jun 10, 2010
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, ProPointer
I also tried this out. It does work. The propointer has made a huge difference in the amount and speed of my finds. :icon_pirat:

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! I wonder how in the world someone figured this little trick out, I also wonder why it works?? Most importantly I wonder if you could find the point that the coin on the shaft causes the chirping to start, just back it off till it stops and then tape that coin in place with electrical tape to keep the effect all the time?? I mean it effectively doubled the sensitivity of the propointer. I think I will try the taping and let everyone know how it works out, but it will prob. be awhile as I am in Summer water hunting mode and won't really be using the propointer until it gets too cool to water hunt for the bling bling. :wink: By the way thanks alot for posting this helpful tip! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Coins4Cheese

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
You're very welcome, I glad you liked it.

ron_c

Mar 13, 2009
Noth Central Texas
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL, G2, Compass Coin Scanner Pro, Garrett BFO Discriminator, Garrett Pro Pointer,White's TRX PP, XP Gold Maxx Power, White's IDX Pro, Omega, Tesoro Vaquero
The link below is for different pin pointers but has an post about why the Garrett gets better depth. Also if you tape the coin or metal to the shaft and you turn the unit off and back on, it will detune the Garrett and you get less depth. You have to do the coin or metal trick every time you turn it on.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,329782.0.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions