I cut the cord - ATP Wireless Headset !!

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had posted a few weeks ago that I was going to a wireless headset. This is a follow up now that it's done. It's works great and I couldn't be happier with it. When I lay the ATP down and go to dig, THERE IS NO CORD to deal with. :hello2: :icon_thumright:

Here it is...

20140804_173504.jpg 20140804_173542.jpg

The green circles show the Garrett 1/4" Headset adapter
The Yellow circles show my modified Koss volume controller (Attached a new wire and 1/4" plug)
The Red circle shows the Rapoo wireless headset transmitter with 1/8" stereo plug

All I have to do is turn on the transmitter, headset, and ATP and off I go. Volume is loud and there is no delay. I can pinpoint with wiggle technique or pinpoint mode no issues.

Oh yea, I also installed a headset pad on the headphones. Cut it off an old headset. Much more comfortable now..

Bud

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done, how is the battery life of the headset and the transmitter?

Also, I would like to know how the headphones feel after 6-8 hours on your skull. I have always have trouble with the "on-the-ear" type of headphones, because they seem to press my ears flat up against my head and hurt like mad after a while. This system would be perfect if they offered the 1/8" phone jack model with in-the-ear earbuds. That way, a wide brimmed hat could be worn.

OP
OP
B

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I would like to know how the headphones feel after 6-8 hours on your skull. I have always have trouble with the "on-the-ear" type of headphones, because they seem to press my ears flat up against my head and hurt like mad after a while. This system would be perfect if they offered the 1/8" phone jack model with in-the-ear earbuds. That way, a wide brimmed hat could be worn.

I usually go out for 2-3 hours max so can't say how they feel after 8.. They aren't to bad on the ears. No worse or better than any other on ear headset. I did put a headpad on the ear phones for comfort as they only come with a wire across the top of your head. I took the head pad off an older headset and rigged it. works fine.

The audio is a bit "muffled" compared to a wired headset. Volume is good but the crispness of the audio is not as good as a wired headset. This might be bothersome to folks. It did bug me at first but you get used to it.

The battery has outlasted me so far 2-3 hours.

Bud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread