A metal detector's dream....

Myth legend

Aug 15, 2016
Lost in space
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector, now an At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just saw a similar video a little bit ago, and getting out in that for a hunt was my first thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
M

Myth legend

Aug 15, 2016
Lost in space
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw a similar video a little bit ago, and getting out in that for a hunt was my first thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just getting out to see if you can find something or even a gold coin from a sunken ship. The risk factor though.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang creepy. I guess if I were some where that the storm is passed, Id be in. But Id probably want to wear a pfd just in case that tide came sweeping back in while i wasnt looking.

OP
OP
M

Myth legend

Aug 15, 2016
Lost in space
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang creepy. I guess if I were some where that the storm is passed, Id be in. But Id probably want to wear a pfd just in case that tide came sweeping back in while i wasnt looking.

pfd???

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunters are crazy as Bat Guano. I reckon there were a few with their batteries charged waiting for the all clear to head to the beach. Heck, if I was there and managed to survive the hurricane I'd be the first maniac at the beach!:occasion18:

OP
OP
M

Myth legend

Aug 15, 2016
Lost in space
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice for a few days until you turned it in to authority. :) We can keep them here in Missouri.

Every historian knows they're things on the ocean floor. I state again, "A metal detector's dream."

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You take your life in your hands literally. I hope there are at lest 2 or more of you in case something happens. All it takes is a rouge wave, down burst, unstable sand, anything.
....and can you even hear the detector with headphones?

You can kiss the tiger if you want, but getting bit will suck.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Prey for people who got caught in irma....

But the ocean is drawed back, so I was wondering anybody in Flordia willing to risk it and see what they can find before the ocean comes back?

If you try it then take a spotter, someone who will only watch for the water. Seen this a few times in the North Sea, you think because the water is 2 miles out that you have time, people always get caught in it and die.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd hit it for sure but wouldn't venture far from the shore.

This article explains the phenomenon in a little detail.

[h=1]'The ocean is missing!' Rare phenomenon caused by Irma sucks the water from Bahamas beaches[/h]
  • Hurricane Irma is so strong that it is sucked water into itself and away from shorelines in the Bahamas
  • Video footage from Long Island, Bahamas shows a dry ocean floor after Hurricane Irma hit on Friday
  • A meteorologist explained low pressure in the center of the storm caused the water to be drawn upwards into itself and away from the beach
  • The water will not rush back like a tsunami and the shore will likely be back to normal Sunday afternoon

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure I would be out there...rare opportunity for sure.....Like to give it a try but we have no oceans in Indiana ;)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you try it then take a spotter, someone who will only watch for the water. Seen this a few times in the North Sea, you think because the water is 2 miles out that you have time, people always get caught in it and die.
I don't think it could've been put better! People are looking at this vid not realizing it's low tide. The next high tide isn't supposed to come in till this afternoon or tonight. Remember! If you're an old fart like me you more than likely ain't gonna outrun it! Then you have to think about how much flotsam & jetsam is going to be coming back in with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread