What's new

Getting my Nokta Makro PulseDive detector fixed

OBXmetalDet

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2019
Messages
381
Reaction score
281
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this Nokta PulseDive 2-in-1 Set on June 3, 2022, so I am well beyond the warranty period. After I bought it, I tested this around the house and it was able to detect various metal objects.

I just didn’t use it, however after all these years, I finally took this in the water (only once), right off the beach about 2 months ago. When I was in the ocean, I didn’t turn it on. When I came out of the ocean, and turned it on, it didn’t detect any metal. Since then, it would detect some metals, but not others and now it doesn’t work at all. So that’s the history of it.

I contacted Nokta and no reply. As of April 2025, apparently they are in Istanbul, Turkey.

From what I understand there are not any Authorized service centers in the US, but I could be wrong.

Does anybody know where I can get this repaired?

I don't want to throw this out.
 
I bought this Nokta PulseDive 2-in-1 Set on June 3, 2022, so I am well beyond the warranty period. After I bought it, I tested this around the house and it was able to detect various metal objects.

I just didn’t use it, however after all these years, I finally took this in the water (only once), right off the beach about 2 months ago. When I was in the ocean, I didn’t turn it on. When I came out of the ocean, and turned it on, it didn’t detect any metal. Since then, it would detect some metals, but not others and now it doesn’t work at all. So that’s the history of it.

I contacted Nokta and no reply. As of April 2025, apparently they are in Istanbul, Turkey.

From what I understand there are not any Authorized service centers in the US, but I could be wrong.

Does anybody know where I can get this repaired?

I don't want to throw this out.
How exactly did you contact Nokta?
 
Their email form and by emailing them through Outlook.
Appears you bought this through Amazon .. Contact the seller that sold it to you "Metalix Metal Detectors" at 1-800-313-4399 ask about warranty again and possible updates etc. If reputable they should at least try and help with this issue. I've attached the two copies from the seller and their phone number for you.... Good Luck
 

Attachments

  • Det Seller 1.webp
    Det Seller 1.webp
    117.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Det Seller 2.webp
    Det Seller 2.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
First off WHAT END CAP did you have on the detector ?
They come with two end caps One was for dry land .(The black plastic cap had slots in it so you could hear it better. ) The other one had no slots in it solid sealed cap. Which one did you take it in the water with ?
 
Their email form and by emailing them through Outlook.
They have a "USA Technical Service Form" you can fill out and may get some help by doing so.

 
Appears you bought this through Amazon Canada... Contact the seller that sold it to you "Metalix Metal Detectors" at 1-800-313-4399 ask about warranty again and possible updates etc. If reputable they should at least try and help with this issue. I've attached the two copies from the seller and their phone number for you.... Good Luck
How did you determine that that was the seller? When I look at my order it says Sold by: Online Sports.
 

Attachments

  • Nokta Detector.webp
    Nokta Detector.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 74
How did you determine that that was the seller? When I look at my order it says Sold by: Online Sports.
The link you provided in your original post when clicked on brings up this item and seller. From the link that you provided I assumed that is where you bought it from, see attached pic.
Then I would contact the seller where you got it and see what they have to say to help you... If that fails maybe contact another seller as nothing ventured .. nothing gained ..
 

Attachments

  • Det Seller 1.webp
    Det Seller 1.webp
    112.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
The link you provided in your original post when clicked on brings up this item and seller. From the link that you provided I assumed that is where you bought it from, see attached pic.
Then I would contact the seller where you got it and see what they have to say to help you... If that fails maybe contact another seller as nothing ventured .. nothing gained ..
That's really strange, when I clicked on the link he posted it says the seller is "OnlineSports", also the price is showing $229, on the screenshot you posted it says $319.
 
That's really strange, when I clicked on the link he posted it says the seller is "OnlineSports", also the price is showing $229, on the screenshot you posted it says $319.
It is strange for sure. I think I may have figured this out. I am in Canada and when I clicked on OBXmetalDet's link for unknown reasons it came up under Amazon Canada
which would explain the seller and price difference... I just took a picture of the link as it came up that shows Amazon.ca and the seller and time.. Just goes to show that what one see's online cannot always be trusted...Pic attached..

​

 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot.webp
    Screen Shot.webp
    156.4 KB · Views: 65
They have a "USA Technical Service Form" you can fill out and may get some help by doing so.

Thank you.
It is strange for sure. I think I may have figured this out. I am in Canada and when I clicked on OBXmetalDet's link for unknown reasons it came up under Amazon Canada
which would explain the seller and price difference... I just took a picture of the link as it came up that shows Amazon.ca and the seller and time.. Just goes to show that what one see's online cannot always be trusted...Pic attached..

​

It sounds like since you're in Canada, your browser defaults to Amazon Canada, then applies the exchange rate between USD/CAD and shows the price in Canadian dollars.
 
First off WHAT END CAP did you have on the detector ?
Is there an answer to this? Gare is right, the land cap has vent holes and would allow water to seep in. Sometimes a detector that gets flooded can be disassembled and washed out with distilled water, and maybe revived.
 
Is there an answer to this? Gare is right, the land cap has vent holes and would allow water to seep in. Sometimes a detector that gets flooded can be disassembled and washed out with distilled water, and maybe revived.
I answered but I just realized I might have answered his direct message to me.

I didn't use the ones with slots since those are for land.

Interesting to know about washing out with distilled water.
 
Update. I received a reply after emailing them. We had a few email exchanges, and they were very prompt and responsive. I filled out the Technical Service form so now I just have to wait since they address issues in the order they were received.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom