tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came by this stuff for sale this last week. Two trommel's and a coredrill. I'm thinking I could fix up the core drill and rent it, as I get quite a few calls for coredrills and when I give them a price on new as the used units are hard to come by I then never hear back from them cuz, coredrills ain't cheap with all the accessories you need to go along with one. I've never dealt in any trommel's before, so if any of you could help me on this possible deal, please tell me what to look at and value these, plus is there any buyers for these out there :dontknow:

Attachments

• lw trommel small.jpg
    lw trommel small.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 140
  • lw trommel big.jpg
    lw trommel big.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 161
  • lw core drill.jpg
    lw core drill.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To do a proper analysis a hands on is required-yellow don't look bad,good welding,minimal rust but white one no as homie. Core drills lead a horrendous life and MUST not comment any further on that piece as could easily cost a fortune to fix but yellow trommel don't look bad at all. Price--won't go there sorry as must run to see-John

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To do a proper analysis a hands on is required-yellow don't look bad,good welding,minimal rust but white one no as homie. Core drills lead a horrendous life and MUST not comment any further on that piece as could easily cost a fortune to fix but yellow trommel don't look bad at all. Price--won't go there sorry as must run to see-John
Indeed the yellow unit looks pretty good and complete. It stands about 8 feet to the top of the feed hopper. The white one I'd offer less then scrap, but it does look as if it could be fixed up with a complete tear down and some weld repairs and new bushings & bearings. This one could be fitted to a small trailer. The core drill I'd get in our hydraulic shop, as we repair hydraulic rock drills for the mines all over the west. That thing is built well and we've got all the hyd. hose machines and hose stock. I believe that's a diamond in the rough, if I can get it cheap. I didn't talk any price because this place just purchased some equipment and still owe. Didn't want them thinking they could maybe pay their bill with some old junk. They also had some large - about the size of a sea containers - floatation cells for mill separation.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the yellow one have a jig, or are my eyes playing tricks.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a centrifuge for spinning out heavier material. Can't remember the name right now. Wait, Knudsen bowl? Nefco bowl? The ones I saw in use were to spin out the fine gold for better recovery of the small stuff.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html
I did notice that barrel looking device after I looked at the picture I took. I'll get over and look it over again some time soon. Everyone was in a rush mobilizing a big job that day, so I had little time to check it out good. The trommels came with the acquisition of this company years ago and they believed they belongs to the original founder of the company who died some time ago. They have no need for placer mining equipment. I'm hoping I can broker this thing out there. I've no clue of what it's worth or how well it preforms such as how much material it can wash in a day, none of that stuff. I do think it had a 20 to maybe 30KW looking electric motor running it all and that would take a decent size generator to operate this thing I'm thinking? Plus you'd need a backhoe to feed it. Could be a nice rig on a smaller placer claim I'm thinking??.

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did notice that barrel looking device after I looked at the picture I took. I'll get over and look it over again some time soon. Everyone was in a rush mobilizing a big job that day, so I had little time to check it out good. The trommels came with the acquisition of this company years ago and they believed they belongs to the original founder of the company who died some time ago. They have no need for placer mining equipment. I'm hoping I can broker this thing out there. I've no clue of what it's worth or how well it preforms such as how much material it can wash in a day, none of that stuff. I do think it had a 20 to maybe 30KW looking electric motor running it all and that would take a decent size generator to operate this thing I'm thinking? Plus you'd need a backhoe to feed it. Could be a nice rig on a smaller placer claim I'm thinking??.

As long as everything works well.

You'll need to check inside the bowl to look at the rubber baffle/diaphragm to see if it's split or rotten (if there is one in that style) or to see what's inside of it that may need replacing (it's going to depend on what type it is, as it's hard to tell from the picture exactly what it is).

You will most likely need a generator from what you're saying. I hope it's not too hard to find one to fit your needs.

Good luck, and all the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as everything works well.

You'll need to check inside the bowl to look at the rubber baffle/diaphragm to see if it's split or rotten (if there is one in that style) or to see what's inside of it that may need replacing (it's going to depend on what type it is, as it's hard to tell from the picture exactly what it is).

You will most likely need a generator from what you're saying. I hope it's not too hard to find one to fit your needs.

Good luck, and all the best,

Lanny

I will look it over well...Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread