First test run, using my new Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker + Results

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So decided to head out to my claim today before the kids woke up, Setup my new Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker and did my first test run with it...

Plus finally got my gas water pump to work and went out today and ran 8-10 buckets of dirt, Got some nice color as the Raptor ate it up in about 10 mins or so...

Results:

20141127_160913.jpg

All and all not bad for about 10-15mins of running.... Very Very happy with the Raptor, plus these Hog mats are the best out there IMO!

All and All good day....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Upvote 0

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold! Next time get more video of that thing working! Great job

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet color! " Before the kids got up " heheheh!

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love them mats, with adding a few feet on to the raptor and adding a few personal tweaks I think I can get it to a 100% recovery rate vs standard mating would be hard to say the same thing... At least from my exp...

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well you guys wanted to see more of the Raptor running so here is it in action on the north fork consumes river on my claim...

And drum roll... the cleanup! Only getting better and better compared to Thanksgivings day clean up got about double the amount...

112814cleanup.JPG
112814cleanup2.JPG

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
by the way this cleanup pics were just from about 1 1/2 un-classified buckets from one crack.... Not to shabby.. :)

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the Raptor. It should treat you quite well on the NF>

Peace

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!!! At that rate that thing will pay for itself pretty quick!!!

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is sweet. I changed my spray bar to the pipe set up on the raptor after watching Docs. video. How wide is the box? I am running way more flow I might throttle down a bit. Hangtown and I went out again with some tweaks I made and we didn't have the issue we had last week. Glad you got your pump running and didn't have to send it back.

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is sweet. I changed my spray bar to the pipe set up on the raptor after watching Docs. video. How wide is the box? I am running way more flow I might throttle down a bit. Hangtown and I went out again with some tweaks I made and we didn't have the issue we had last week. Glad you got your pump running and didn't have to send it back.
Yeah raptor is about 9 1/2 inches wide by 78 inches long... Going to add on another 78 inches as I have a fine recovery mat and a normal gold hog mat, just to be 100% certain I will have a 99.9% recovery rate. ordering raw sluice frame from yuba guy on ebay so it fits with the raptor, this will also help with increased feed rate with no loss.

Yeah I am running my 3hp pump at full throttle as Doc said it would be best, so now since I raised the flow it creates a much better flurry of breaking down the material and leaves the tailings pretty clean. :)

I think your adjustment with the spray bar will help for sure...

Last edited:

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold! Thanks for the longing video of it running. That is a pretty sweet rock washer. Wish I could use mine, not for a few months after this white stuff outside melts! Good luck finding more gold!

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold! Thanks for the longing video of it running. That is a pretty sweet rock washer. Wish I could use mine, not for a few months after this white stuff outside melts! Good luck finding more gold!
What part of Alaska are you in? Do you have a claim up there?? Keep Warm!

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in what we call south central. Close to Anchorage the big city! Haha. Not the best area in the state for gold but it's around. Been all over the state and this area is the best place to live in my opinion. I don't have a claim currently, once I finish sampling an area in the spring I will file on it. We have so much state land that you don't really need one to find gold. The real good areas have been claimed for a long time. Gotta pay big to play in those areas. Again with so much state land that I can dig, dredge or highbanker on, no point doing the paper work yet. Staying pretty warm as of now we've been sitting in the twenties and it's not to bad, except it keeps everything froze up. Errrrr.

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yesterdays find, with only one bucket of dirt, this crack I am working has so much dirt left but it is getting hard to get it out... Gold keeps coming though... 20141201_162227.jpg 20141201_162156.jpg

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, have you ran it at stream level? I noticed in your video that it looks like it is about 10 feet higher than the water level, and it may reduce the head pressure on the pump (Speculating, I have no gas pump or a sweet cherry highbanker like that either hehe).
Nice job, looks like a really cool area with some sweet big rocks.
Gold sweet gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions