Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a doctors appointment yesterday about 35 miles from my house so thought I would get some detecting in before appointment as it was supposed to rain later in the afternoon. Hit an area about 5 minutes from eye surgeons office so I wouldn't be late. Found this little chunker and was surprised to see what I thought was a name I recognised. I called my son and asked his friend Gabe's last name and if he lost his High School ring. Sure enough it was his friends ring. I called his friend and went to see him. I said remember last year when I bought my Deus and you said I wouldn't find anything? Well what do you think now as I handed him his ring that he said afterwards that he had paid about $450 for.

IMG_20151118_124210863.jpg IMG_20151118_221448.jpg

Thats awesome and what a crazy coincidence

Congrats on the well deserved honorable mention!

Good job on the return, doesn't get much easier than that

Congratz on a great return!

Easiest return I've Ever had and I don't think my first car was as much as his ring. Yeah he went from detector doubter to can I go with you sometime really quick even suggested some places to go. I told him he needs to call Carolina Tom and get in on one of Todd's GUARANTEED silver hunts because all I ever find is junk.

That was easy! Nice job on the return man.

...and class rings....

Even a Blind Nut finds a Squirrel from time to time :laughing7:

Lol, isn't that the truth? That's a nice looking ring for a modern one. That is quite a coincidence. When he gets old enough, he owes you a beer lol.

Lol, isn't that the truth? That's a nice looking ring for a modern one. That is quite a coincidence. When he gets old enough, he owes you a beer lol.

OD you are right it was a nice ring. I would encourage all parents to pay a little extra and have name put on side and inside of rings. He never would have gotten his back without it. I'm sure they could buy me a beer now based on trying to sneak some past me last year. Key word Tried. Man they sure were refreshing too :occasion14:

That's an awesome find! Congrats on the return

Congrats on building up some karma. I hope to have the chance to return a ring somethime. It's so cool that it was someone that you knew. Kudos to you.

Congrats on building up some karma. I hope to have the chance to return a ring somethime. It's so cool that it was someone that you knew. Kudos to you.

LD I don't have any problem returning items like this if I can locate the owner especially this kid that bought his own ring. And yes I was surprised to know the owner myself but equally surprised that my son didn't let me know his buddy lost it. I bet he takes more care keeping up with it now. LD I hope u get opportunity to find and return many.

Great job. That's a crazy markup on the metal value for a class ring, but I think I paid a similar amount for mine and got a lot less when I scraped it, even though gold had tripled in value. Glad you were able to make the return.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back