What's new

Here is a USGS Mineralization of the US

rainyday101

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2012
Messages
780
Reaction score
346
Golden Thread
0
Location
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe you have already seen this, but this map shows surface iron amounts for the US. If you want to get an idea of mineralization for your area, this would help. Go to page 35 of 63 to see the iron map.

Mineralization map.
 
Upvote 0
Informative map Rainyday101 . Just wish it was more detailed . Looks like we're pretty heavy in Iron concentration in western Pa .
 
I hear ya on wishing it was more detailed, but I thought it was kind of interesting and better than nothing. I realize there can be smaller localized areas that are highly mineralized but don't show up on that map. Hopefully your XLT handles the ground well there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom