What's new

What to do with damaged coins?

puckhead

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Can you take damaged clad to local banks or do they have to go to the mint? Of course I'm really talking about these crappy zinc pennies that seem to dissolve within days. Thanks in advance.

HH
 
Upvote 0
I turn them in to the bank let them deal with um.
 
With the really crappy zincs, you can put CLR on them

Personally, i just throw them in rolls and its done....it is legal currency

HH
-GC
 
I write "damaged" on each roll and exchange them at the bank. They should take them, although some banks tell you the damaged coins must be taken to a Federal Reserve bank. Some banks just don't want to deal with them, but it is part of their job anyway to secure damaged money and turn it over to the those banks.

Good luck!!
 
I take mine to the local bank, they haven't said a word about their condition.
 
I wait until i get to $500.then take them to the reserve bank,most of my damaged ones have been involved in a fight with a lawn mower. :D Raoul
 

Attachments

  • lawn mowers revenge (756 x 512).webp
    lawn mowers revenge (756 x 512).webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 586
Ouch, those are pretty bad.....however, i do keep the really bad ones and but in a box

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom