WWII German u-boat

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have info on a German u-boat scuttled on its way to Argentina carrying gold for the Argentina Govt.? The gold was to be used as a payoff to the Argentine Govt. to allow the Nazi officers safe passage to and in the country. The reason I ask is that we have located a u-boat conning tower in Carribean waters and thought this might indeed be the scuttled u-boat. We will investigate further.Thanks in advance for any info-Indiana Jonz

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Indiana_Jonz

Have you tried these sites?

Uboat.net and sharkhunters.com

Post some questions and see what they say. Supposedly they are in touch with old U-Boat Captains and other crew. Lots of good info. Let us know what you find.

Robert in SC

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I heard that some one was looking for it they found one that couldnt get inside of but it had bars of lead or alumiun on the deck.

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
cedarratt,

Thw wreck that you are referring to is actually a Japanese wreck, the I-52. It was featured on the NGC, more info on it can be had on their web site.

kjunova

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2004
Rocklin, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker
If you go to uboat.net, look under the subject The Boats then under Maps. This should let you know which uboat you found. This site also has
the history of each uboat sunk. Please let us know which one you found.

Rob

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Indiana Jonz,

I am new on the forum so I did not know about your post regarding sunken German treasure submarine three months or so ago. I am sorry. While browsing old posts, I found you by chance. Today I posted the same topic and as I can see I might answer your questions!

Best regards,
Lobo

Indiana_Jonz said:
Does anyone have info on a German u-boat scuttled on its way to Argentina carrying gold for the Argentina Govt.? The gold was to be used as a payoff to the Argentine Govt. to allow the Nazi officers safe passage to and in the country. The reason I ask is that we have located a u-boat conning tower in Carribean waters and thought this might indeed be the scuttled u-boat. We will investigate further.Thanks in advance for any info-Indiana Jonz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions