What's new

A couple nice finds already today and its still early!

glostikwilly

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
25
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Garrettsville Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple nice finds already today and it's still early!

I went out with the last bit of battery life I had in my Whites Eagle Spectrum. I was out barely one minute and I found what I believe is a 1950's Ford hood crest key chain. I also found a 1944 Merc dime. One interesting one was the Hickok belt buckle, it has an F initial. I have found a Hickok buckle before, about 50 miles south of here, and it too was an F.
 

Attachments

  • 257723_10151362014761741_952945641_o.webp
    257723_10151362014761741_952945641_o.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 456993_10151362013141741_177782798_o.webp
    456993_10151362013141741_177782798_o.webp
    68.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 401927_10151361999841741_2074760478_n.webp
    401927_10151361999841741_2074760478_n.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 258734_10151362000826741_781429119_o.webp
    258734_10151362000826741_781429119_o.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 12
50 miles south would put you rite in my neck of the woods. Welcome to the site bud... CONGRATS... HH
 
Thanks, happy to be here. I have been detecting for just over a year now so I figured I should start sharing my finds.
 
If you make it back to the greensburg area give me a shout. Maybe we can hook up for a hunt.
 
Def, always lookin for new spots and people to detect with.
 
So you found a Merc and a Ford during the same day...Great Job
 
Oh yeah lol, the day isn't over yet. Hopefully I'll have some more stuff to show for the day. thank you!
 
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds glostikwilly!
 
Great job finding these!
 
I went out for a few more hours, here is what I got. I ended up finding a 1948 D Wheat Penny and a bunch of other change. A lot of trash in the Ft. Wayne parks, really hard to get a good signal on anything, but hey, better luck next time. All in all it was a good day. Super pumped about the merc, Ford, and Hickok buckle.
0515132123.webp
 
Also, the dog tag and the one hitter lol. Thought I was digging up another Merc but it was a one hitter, someone is smoking dirt tonight, yum. haha
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom