tnt-hunter
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 20, 2018
- Messages
- 2,057
- Reaction score
- 12,107
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mountain Maryland
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
It has been 3 weeks since I last swung my detector. We were away and then I was in the hospital for tests and after I got out my back was a mess. My back is still not in great shape, but if I go carefully I can still manage so off I went.
DAY 1
I went back to the older scout camp to clean up another section looking for more recent losses and oldies I missed with the original detector. I spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 59 coins with a face value of $2.95, a dead scout knife, a dead flashlight, 2 wheaties, a couple of pieces of jewelry, a whatzit (I know I have seen this thing before, but I can’t remember what it was for), a fishing swivel, a zipper pull, a cartridge, some cheapie camp tent pegs, a few personal tent pegs, a little foil, a nice pile of brass grommets and 17 tabs.
The dragon pendant is the best find. It is marked RAWCLIFFE PEWTER 1982. The wheaties are pretty toasty, a 1947 and a 1951.
DAY 2
It is time to clean out the park swimming areas before Labor Day. After the holiday everybody swarms the parks with their detectors. I try to do a clean up beforehand so I don’t have to be out there with the crowds. The competition still has the Labor Day holiday losses, but I get a lot of what was lost during the summer. After Labor Day I work the state parks where I can’t detect before the holiday.
My first trip was to the big park with 3 swimming areas. I spent 3.5 hours covering one of the smaller areas with the ATPro. There were not a lot of targets, not even many ferrous targets.
Altogether I found 18 coins with a face value of $1.99, a batch of jewelry, a padlock, fishing swivels, a selfie stick retainer, a foreign coin, a fish hook, a nail, 2 tabs, sinkers and a batch of foil.
When I detect in the water I frequently scoop up strong ferrous signals and mixed ferrous signals. Partly to be sure it is not something that might be good and partly to clean up. The fish hook and the nail are my good deed, trying to keep the kiddies from getting hurt. The Guatemalan coin and one of the rings were both mixed ferrous signals and they have a high ferrous content so they are magnetic but not pure iron or steel so they aren’t rusty.
The daisy ring has a lot of CZs (some are missing) and is marked 925. The twisted wire ring is probably silver, but isn’t marked.
The best finds of the day was a nice little fine chain bracelet. It was the next to last find of the day. For those of you new to detecting pay attention to this next part. That small chunk of foil and the gold bracelet gave the exact same signal and were both a 42 on the VDI meter on the pro. Just what you would expect foil to be. So if you skip the foil signals you will be missing small gold. This little 14 k beauty doesn’t weigh much 1.4 grams or 0.05 troy ounces. At today’s gold price I can get $118 from the local jeweler. Well worth the efffort it took to scoop up the foil before it turned up.
DAY 3
I went back to the big park to work on a larger swimming area. I had time to cover half of the area before it was time to go. I spent 3.5 hours swingin the ATPro and found 20 coins with a face value of $2.15, another batch of jewelry, an earpiece from a pair of glasses, 2 sinkers, a bearing, 9 tabs, a Canadian quarter, a toy car, a marvel metal figure, bottle caps and foil.
Some of the jewelry is good. A silver pendant with odd figures and lots of CZs, a silver ring with CZs, 2 silver cz studs and 14k earring with a kitty face and CZs. A good day for jewelry and decent gas money considering the location.
Two interesting finds were rings made of stainless steel. A spinner ring with a chain spinner and a cure little snow flake ring. Not great but fun finds.
DAY 4
There is a small park to the west of me. It isn’t used a lot, but it has been there a long time and I have found a couple of oldies here in the past so I was hoping for some luck.
I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 40 coins with a face value of $2.70, 2 wheaties, a religious medal, a D buckle, a toggle switch, a Ford key, a toy car hood, a brass shell casing, whole aluminum cans, can slaw, foil and 14 tabs.
I covered a lot of ground because the targets were few and far between. I did manage a few interesting finds. The 2 wheaties are both pretty crusty. I tried to clean them up a little but they are so badly pitted it did not help get a date on either one.
The religious medal is a little unusual. It is marked ALTER BOY. I have found a lot of religious pendants over the years but this is the first alter boy pendant. The D buckle is a common one.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
The coinstar was better than usual. I found a quarter and 2 pennies in one coinstar, a penny on the street and a British ten pence from another coinstar.
The water was good to me this week. Hopefully the rest of water spots will be good as well. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil,lead you to good things.
DAY 1
I went back to the older scout camp to clean up another section looking for more recent losses and oldies I missed with the original detector. I spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 59 coins with a face value of $2.95, a dead scout knife, a dead flashlight, 2 wheaties, a couple of pieces of jewelry, a whatzit (I know I have seen this thing before, but I can’t remember what it was for), a fishing swivel, a zipper pull, a cartridge, some cheapie camp tent pegs, a few personal tent pegs, a little foil, a nice pile of brass grommets and 17 tabs.
The dragon pendant is the best find. It is marked RAWCLIFFE PEWTER 1982. The wheaties are pretty toasty, a 1947 and a 1951.
DAY 2
It is time to clean out the park swimming areas before Labor Day. After the holiday everybody swarms the parks with their detectors. I try to do a clean up beforehand so I don’t have to be out there with the crowds. The competition still has the Labor Day holiday losses, but I get a lot of what was lost during the summer. After Labor Day I work the state parks where I can’t detect before the holiday.
My first trip was to the big park with 3 swimming areas. I spent 3.5 hours covering one of the smaller areas with the ATPro. There were not a lot of targets, not even many ferrous targets.
Altogether I found 18 coins with a face value of $1.99, a batch of jewelry, a padlock, fishing swivels, a selfie stick retainer, a foreign coin, a fish hook, a nail, 2 tabs, sinkers and a batch of foil.
When I detect in the water I frequently scoop up strong ferrous signals and mixed ferrous signals. Partly to be sure it is not something that might be good and partly to clean up. The fish hook and the nail are my good deed, trying to keep the kiddies from getting hurt. The Guatemalan coin and one of the rings were both mixed ferrous signals and they have a high ferrous content so they are magnetic but not pure iron or steel so they aren’t rusty.
The daisy ring has a lot of CZs (some are missing) and is marked 925. The twisted wire ring is probably silver, but isn’t marked.
The best finds of the day was a nice little fine chain bracelet. It was the next to last find of the day. For those of you new to detecting pay attention to this next part. That small chunk of foil and the gold bracelet gave the exact same signal and were both a 42 on the VDI meter on the pro. Just what you would expect foil to be. So if you skip the foil signals you will be missing small gold. This little 14 k beauty doesn’t weigh much 1.4 grams or 0.05 troy ounces. At today’s gold price I can get $118 from the local jeweler. Well worth the efffort it took to scoop up the foil before it turned up.
DAY 3
I went back to the big park to work on a larger swimming area. I had time to cover half of the area before it was time to go. I spent 3.5 hours swingin the ATPro and found 20 coins with a face value of $2.15, another batch of jewelry, an earpiece from a pair of glasses, 2 sinkers, a bearing, 9 tabs, a Canadian quarter, a toy car, a marvel metal figure, bottle caps and foil.
Some of the jewelry is good. A silver pendant with odd figures and lots of CZs, a silver ring with CZs, 2 silver cz studs and 14k earring with a kitty face and CZs. A good day for jewelry and decent gas money considering the location.
Two interesting finds were rings made of stainless steel. A spinner ring with a chain spinner and a cure little snow flake ring. Not great but fun finds.
DAY 4
There is a small park to the west of me. It isn’t used a lot, but it has been there a long time and I have found a couple of oldies here in the past so I was hoping for some luck.
I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 40 coins with a face value of $2.70, 2 wheaties, a religious medal, a D buckle, a toggle switch, a Ford key, a toy car hood, a brass shell casing, whole aluminum cans, can slaw, foil and 14 tabs.
I covered a lot of ground because the targets were few and far between. I did manage a few interesting finds. The 2 wheaties are both pretty crusty. I tried to clean them up a little but they are so badly pitted it did not help get a date on either one.
The religious medal is a little unusual. It is marked ALTER BOY. I have found a lot of religious pendants over the years but this is the first alter boy pendant. The D buckle is a common one.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
The coinstar was better than usual. I found a quarter and 2 pennies in one coinstar, a penny on the street and a British ten pence from another coinstar.
The water was good to me this week. Hopefully the rest of water spots will be good as well. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil,lead you to good things.
Attachments
Upvote
16








