tnt-hunter
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 20, 2018
- Messages
- 2,057
- Reaction score
- 12,108
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mountain Maryland
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I got another new permission from a scout parent. His house was built in 1895 so I was hoping to get lucky. The yard is fairly large so it will take several trips to cover all the ground. This trip I covered the small front yard and part of one side with a quick exploratory walkover of the back yard.
I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 38 coins with a face value of $2.48, a buckle, a silver dime, 2 wheaties, a US disk, a mine chit, an old car light, a brass 2 piece football, 2 pieces of wire connectors, a mini crescent wrench, a broken bag clip, modern pieces of copper and brass, pieces of aluminum siding, can slaw 10 tabs and other assorted junk.
The dime is a well worn 1917 merc. She has had a long full life and shows her age. The wheaties are in decent shape and are a 1919 and a 1940 S.
The US disk was down in the gravel and I hit it pretty good with the trowel. It is a World War 1 collar disk. Only the front, the screw post and nut are both missing. The chit is a number 394. This was a coal mining town so mine chits are a common find here. The local chits are all hand stamped and rarely is the name of the mine on the chit.
DAY 2
I went back to the new permission to work on the backyard. It was hot, the ground was hard and my back was acting up so I only swung the CZ21 for 3.5 hours and did about half the backyard . Not many finds in this part of the yard, but there were a few nice ones.
I found a ring, a memorial penny (1979), a tag, a cow hat pin without the pin, an underwear fastener, a brass key tag ring, a valve stem cover, part of a plated spoon, a crotal bell, a brass whatzit, a toy gun handle, a toy car, brass hardware, w harmonica reeds, pieces of aluminum siding, can slaw, aluminum tent pegs, aluminum grommets, odds and ends of large ferrous metal, 4 tabs and a pencil end.
Only one coin today which is the closest I have come to being skunked in a long time. The croatal bell is a nice find. One of the newer types, but it still jingles so it’s a winner.
The gun part is from a Dick Tracy gun. Too bad it’s not all there.
The find of the day was the tag. It looks like it was in a fire and has part of the top missing and another part that is just barely holding on. It is from the LYRIC THEATRE and is COAT tag number 57. I can’t get a definitive date when the theatre opened, but the earliest information on record talks about a fire in the building in 1916. It closed many years ago and no one I have talked to has ever seen a cloak room tag from there before. This may be the only one still in existence. I have been giving all the finds to the owner, but he agreed to let me keep this one and donate it to the town museum. Another piece of history saved for future generations.
DAY 3
I got back to the scout camp that opened in 1980. I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 in one of the staff sites. I found 183 coins with a face value of $9.58, 13 camp tent pegs, some metal joints from a canvas cot, a dead pocket knife, a ring, a nose ring, a game tab, a token, a scout medallion, a sinker, a fishing lure, part of a belt knife hanger, a scout belt end, 2 stainless spoons, whole aluminum cans, brass grommets, some foil, 13 tabs and a pencil end.
Lots of coins today. Unfortunately lots of pennies, 118, mostly zincs. The scout medallion has a screw end. It is one of the fasteners used to put plaques on the concrete flagpole bases and other areas. When the camp was built, people and corporations sponsored the building of camp sites and other camp features. A brass plaque is at all of the sponsored locations. Each plaque has one of these on each corner. This one will be returned to camp.
I found the ring in the first hour of the hunt. It is silver and in good shape. Not much jewelry is found at camp and silver comes up even less often. This find was definitely the best find of the day.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a penny on the floor at the store and a penny and a dime in the coin return.
I found some new little friends at the scout camp. A nice little garter snake, a red eft and a small toad.
Another good week, thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
I got another new permission from a scout parent. His house was built in 1895 so I was hoping to get lucky. The yard is fairly large so it will take several trips to cover all the ground. This trip I covered the small front yard and part of one side with a quick exploratory walkover of the back yard.
I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 38 coins with a face value of $2.48, a buckle, a silver dime, 2 wheaties, a US disk, a mine chit, an old car light, a brass 2 piece football, 2 pieces of wire connectors, a mini crescent wrench, a broken bag clip, modern pieces of copper and brass, pieces of aluminum siding, can slaw 10 tabs and other assorted junk.
The dime is a well worn 1917 merc. She has had a long full life and shows her age. The wheaties are in decent shape and are a 1919 and a 1940 S.
The US disk was down in the gravel and I hit it pretty good with the trowel. It is a World War 1 collar disk. Only the front, the screw post and nut are both missing. The chit is a number 394. This was a coal mining town so mine chits are a common find here. The local chits are all hand stamped and rarely is the name of the mine on the chit.
DAY 2
I went back to the new permission to work on the backyard. It was hot, the ground was hard and my back was acting up so I only swung the CZ21 for 3.5 hours and did about half the backyard . Not many finds in this part of the yard, but there were a few nice ones.
I found a ring, a memorial penny (1979), a tag, a cow hat pin without the pin, an underwear fastener, a brass key tag ring, a valve stem cover, part of a plated spoon, a crotal bell, a brass whatzit, a toy gun handle, a toy car, brass hardware, w harmonica reeds, pieces of aluminum siding, can slaw, aluminum tent pegs, aluminum grommets, odds and ends of large ferrous metal, 4 tabs and a pencil end.
Only one coin today which is the closest I have come to being skunked in a long time. The croatal bell is a nice find. One of the newer types, but it still jingles so it’s a winner.
The gun part is from a Dick Tracy gun. Too bad it’s not all there.
The find of the day was the tag. It looks like it was in a fire and has part of the top missing and another part that is just barely holding on. It is from the LYRIC THEATRE and is COAT tag number 57. I can’t get a definitive date when the theatre opened, but the earliest information on record talks about a fire in the building in 1916. It closed many years ago and no one I have talked to has ever seen a cloak room tag from there before. This may be the only one still in existence. I have been giving all the finds to the owner, but he agreed to let me keep this one and donate it to the town museum. Another piece of history saved for future generations.
DAY 3
I got back to the scout camp that opened in 1980. I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 in one of the staff sites. I found 183 coins with a face value of $9.58, 13 camp tent pegs, some metal joints from a canvas cot, a dead pocket knife, a ring, a nose ring, a game tab, a token, a scout medallion, a sinker, a fishing lure, part of a belt knife hanger, a scout belt end, 2 stainless spoons, whole aluminum cans, brass grommets, some foil, 13 tabs and a pencil end.
Lots of coins today. Unfortunately lots of pennies, 118, mostly zincs. The scout medallion has a screw end. It is one of the fasteners used to put plaques on the concrete flagpole bases and other areas. When the camp was built, people and corporations sponsored the building of camp sites and other camp features. A brass plaque is at all of the sponsored locations. Each plaque has one of these on each corner. This one will be returned to camp.
I found the ring in the first hour of the hunt. It is silver and in good shape. Not much jewelry is found at camp and silver comes up even less often. This find was definitely the best find of the day.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a penny on the floor at the store and a penny and a dime in the coin return.
I found some new little friends at the scout camp. A nice little garter snake, a red eft and a small toad.
Another good week, thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Upvote
14








