What's new

Large Cent, No Stars Seated Dime, SLQ and more

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
2,779
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went on a club hunt on Saturday and did ok. Came up with a bucket list item, an 1837 No Stars Seated Dime. The only made the No Stars obverse type for 2 years with a total mintage of just over 1m so it's quite rare as a type. I would have been happy if I only found one of the coins I found, but finding these three made for a good day. The 1826 LC is a little toasted, but the SLQ is nice. Other members from my club came up with a half real from the 1770's, 1798 LC, 1852 3 cent silver and a beautiful sterling bracelet that seems to contain a row of large amber pieces surrounded by silver. Other silver was found, but these were some of the highlights.

clubhuntfinds4-12-14.webp

finds 4-12-14 reduced.webp

finds 4-12-14 dime.webp

finds 4-12-14 quarter.webp
 
Upvote 8
:o A no star and a standing lib all in the same hunt , that is a feat of incredible luck :p

oh , this was a seeded hunt ,

yes , a great stuff to find all things considering ,,, yep
 
It was not a seeded hunt. Actually, our club had a hunt last year at the same place, a very old apple orchard. I think I did well because I was the first one to head over to what many thought was the "newer" section because the trees weren't as mature. My thoughts were the original trees died out and were replanted. I think I was right.
 
Wow awesome hunt, looks like someone took a bite out of that three center..cool breaclet too
 
Great saves. My best find are also where everyone thinks is newer. Always have to think out side the box. You def had a great hunt!
 
Don, That 1837 is a rare find - the pricing in the Redbook might suggest otherwise but the total mintage for all varieties is 682,500
that's well under a million ! Nice .
 
Really nice haul.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom