What's new

Large Cent * Mercury Dime * Indian Cents

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,278
Reaction score
23,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been real busy around work but I finally got some free time to go back to the old 1843 Church site.
On short hunt earlier this year I only found one coin here - a 1877 CC Seated Dime.
The Church burned down many years ago and it's a real iron infested, underground junkyard.
A few days ago I did a 6 hour grid search of the 100 x 50 ft. area coming in from multiple directions.
The bad news is that local kids also play in this area - so there were also a lot of newer coins.
So I ended up finding a One Cent "Trifecta" - really a "Quadfecta" - if you want to include one of the later styled Lincoln Cents. :dontknow:

Large Cent - 1837
Mercury Dime - 1923
Indian Cents - 1901 - 1906
Wheat Cents - 1911 - 1919 - 1920 - 1952 D

(Not Shown In The Photo's)
Newer Clad Coins - (28)
Old Brass Horse Rosette
Old Brass Rifle Trigger Guard

Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 5-5-26 - A.webp
    MAH - 5-5-26 - A.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 179
  • MAH - 5-5-26 - B.webp
    MAH - 5-5-26 - B.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 117
  • MAH - 5-5-26 - C.webp
    MAH - 5-5-26 - C.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 35
Been real busy around work but I finally got some free time to go back to the old 1843 Church site.
On short hunt earlier this year I only found one coin here - a 1877 CC Seated Dime.
The Church burned down many years ago and it's a real iron infested, underground junkyard.
A few days ago I did a 6 hour grid search of the 100 x 50 ft. area coming in from multiple directions.
The bad news is that local kids also play in this area - so there were also a lot of newer coins.
So I ended up finding a One Cent "Trifecta" - really a "Quadfecta" - if you want to include one of the later styled Lincoln Cents. :dontknow:

Large Cent - 1837
Mercury Dime - 1923
Indian Cents - 1901 - 1906
Wheat Cents - 1911 - 1919 - 1920 - 1952 D

(Not Shown In The Photo's)
Newer Clad Coins - (28)
Old Brass Horse Rosette
Old Brass Rifle Trigger Guard

Good Hunting !
That's a great day congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom